Key Account Director, Life Sciences at Tempus
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Computer technology has had limited impact in healthcare. With recent advancements in AI, that’s about to fundamentally change. Tempus is a healthcare company at the forefront of that change.
Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians. Our data empowers researchers to better characterize and understand disease, and to drive better outcomes through precise, individualized care.
We built Tempus to collect, structure, and organize data from disparate sources to power innovation and discovery. And now we are looking for a Key Account Director to join our rapidly growing Life Sciences team. This role will focus on creating and expanding our global client relationship with some of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical organizations.
The Key Account Director is responsible for cultivating and growing Tempus partnerships with pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients to support them in advancing their research, clinical and/or commercial programs. The Tempus precision medicine platform: Data, Artificial Intelligence, Sequencing and Clinical Trials is key to the future of drug development at scale where personalized medicine is something that we all enjoy. The Key Account Director will work cross-functionally with Tempus stakeholders to establish Tempus as the Precision Medicine Partner for their accounts.
- Develop and Drive global account strategy in coordination with our scientific and business operations teams
- Meet and exceed revenue goals for All Tempus product lines at the account while delivering on established strategic objectives for specific client accounts
- Build and maintain executive and R&D relationships & drive our CXO strategy leveraging Tempus senior leadership
- Become an expert in the partner’s strategy, pipeline and portfolio to proactively determine all areas that the Tempus platform could be leveraged for advancing innovation
- Negotiate, secure and manage pull-through of contracts with assigned client accounts
- Align the cross functional team of Product Specialists, Alliance Managers, Translational Researchers and Commercial Operations to most efficiently identify and deliver value at our clients
- Partner with our clients to develop and announce impactful case studies leveraging the Tempus platform to advance precision medicine
- Contribute to the development of the Life Sciences portfolio by providing feedback to Leadership regarding client responses and suggestions; maintain a solution-oriented mindset
- Track progress against defined strategic objectives and revenue goals; review progress/setbacks frequently with broader Account Team and Tempus Leadership
- Travel approximately 40% of working time, domestically and internationally
- Other duties as assigned
- Entrepreneurial sales approach; thrives most in a high growth, rapidly evolving business environment
- Proactive mindset that bridges ideas to implementable solutions, and can help move both internal and external stakeholders to quickly solve problems
- Deep relationships with pharmaceutical stakeholders
- Proven ability to navigate multi-faceted client organizations with repeated success
- Ability to set strategies/tactics that are aggressive, but realizable
- Wins followers with a positive and energetic approach to work and life; gains energy from solving difficult problems
- Demonstrated ability to influence without authority (both with internal and external stakeholders)
- Learning agility to adapt to a rapidly changing environment within Tempus
- Exceptional account management, articulation of issues and an ability to navigate a wide range of stakeholders to solve problems
- Minimum 10+ years in Business Development and Sales in the Life Sciences sector as lead account and relationship manager (Pharma / Biotech)
- Preferably 5+ years working with companies who serviced Life Sciences companies in Research & Development and/or Real Word Data
- Proven track record of establishing credibility as a trusted advisor with clients
- Experience negotiating and closing large and complex multi-year deals
- Strong understanding of molecular data and artificial intelligence in drug discovery
- Bachelor degree in a Science or Business discipline; Advanced degree (MBA, PhD or Healthcare certification) desired