Managed Trans Account Executive at Echo Global Logistics
Echo Global Logistics is a leading provider of technology-enabled transportation management services. As a third-party logistics provider, we simplify transportation management for our clients and carriers, handling crucial tasks so they can focus on what they do best. From coast to coast, dock to dock, and across all major transportation modes, Echo connects businesses that need to ship their products with carriers who transport goods quickly, securely, and cost-effectively.
Echo is seeking an innovative Account Executive to manage relationships with our key accounts and proactively offer solutions based on shipping patterns and needs.
Our Managed Transportation department is laser-focused on providing excellent customer service to our contracted accounts. As an Account Executive, you will play an integral part in maintaining and growing positive client relationships by coordinating daily shipment requests through phone and email, confidently solving any issues that arise and proactively communicating issues or discrepancies. You will develop a profound understanding of both the fluctuating shipping market and how to navigate Echo's unique technology.
Partnering within teams and across departments, Account Executives serve as the main point of contact for managing the shipping process for our clients, including ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of billing and proactively notifying the client of any changes.
- Manage existing key account relationships and offer solutions based on shipping patterns and needs
- Confidently problem solve any issues, such as a missed pick up, late delivery, damaged freight or incorrect billing
- Proactively communicate any issues to the client
- Coordinate all daily shipments through phone, email and Echo's client-facing web portal
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of billing while proactively notifying client of any changes
- Gain competency with Echo's technology and educate clients on the benefits of leveraging it
- Partner with other departments across Echo to track shipments, resolve any discrepancies and file claims completely and correctly in a timely manner
- BA/BS Degree with high GPA
- One to three years of customer service experience in a business services environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Calm under pressure
- Superior business acumen
- Knowledgeable on relevant modes of transportation
- Team player mentality
Work environment/physical demands summary:
This job operates in an office environment and uses a computer, telephone and other office equipment as needed to perform duties. The noise level in the work environment is typical of that of an office with an open seating floor plan. The employee may encounter frequent interruptions throughout the work day. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.