Sprout Social is seeking a talented and creative Customer Success leader to oversee a team of Onboarding Customer Success Managers based in the Philippines. The Manager of Onboarding will contribute to the development of a world-class team that ensures our customers achieve desired outcomes through the implementation and adoption of Sprout Social’s software. The Manager and their Onboarding Customer Success Managers will drive the success of new and existing accounts for Sprout Social, and will be responsible for aligning customers’ business objectives and goals with Sprout Social’s capabilities and value proposition. This is a remote-based position where you'll work from your home office in the Philippines, supporting North American business hours.
The ideal candidate has a strong background in customer relations, technical product knowledge and coaching team in driving high quality customer experience and engagement. Candidates must be highly motivated, possess outstanding communication skills with strong process and organizational skills and be willing to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and growing environment. The Manager of Onboarding draws on their experience when coaching direct reports, analyzing data, evaluating workflow processes and working with various operational tool sets.
As a Manager of Onboarding Customer Success, you are part of our Customer Success organization that is focused on cultivating strong relationships and loyalty with more than 25,000 brands around the world including: Sony Electronics, Make-a-Wish Foundation, Subaru and Edelman. These businesses rely on Sprout to create long-lasting connections with their customers through social media.
These are the minimum qualifications that our hiring team is looking for in this role:
- Demonstrated experience working as a people leader in a SaaS environment for at least 2+ years.
- Experience building and leading high performing geographically distributed teams, including process definition, documentation, talent sourcing, development, while delivering excellence and driving accountability.
- Strong verbal and written proficiency in English.
Additionally, these are the preferred qualifications that would indicate a particularly strong candidate:
- Background of post-sale experience with a consistent track record of driving success among customer base and achieving productivity goals
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models.
- Ability to coach and manage pipeline of customers to complete Onboarding activities within a determined period of time, minimizing a customer’s time to realize value of Sprout’s solution
Within 1 month you will…
- Complete Sprout Social’s new hire training & onboarding program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our products and how your role fits into the organization.
- Partner with the Director of Customer Success to define key success metrics for your role and how you will measure against them.
- Meet your team in 1:1s to understand each individual’s current challenges and areas of opportunity.
- Educate yourself on the current team structure, goals and overall strengths/weaknesses.
Within 3 months you will…
- Meet with leaders throughout the Sales & Customer Success organization that share responsibility for obtaining similar targets and identify areas of opportunity.
- Establish a strong understanding of success enablement, create/analyze team reports, and identify coaching opportunities.
- Create an early concept of the future plan for Scale and begin prioritizing.
- Begin coaching and mentoring team with call shadowing and role plays to help them improve, both professionally and personally.
- Fully understand existing Onboarding processes and how each department (customer success, marketing, product, sales, and support) contributes. Identify areas of opportunity.
Within 6 months you will…
- Meet agreed-upon goals and targets relating to product adoption and team productivity.
- Measure initial process improvements and make adjustments where appropriate.
- Have built strong cross departmental relationships.
- Demonstrate personal leadership perspective and share learnings and best practices across the organization.
- Continue to develop your team, both personally and professionally. Continue to hire on an as needed basis.
- Become a Sprout Social and social media expert to confidently speak to ever-changing industry trends and product vision to help our customers identify their needs and accomplish their goals.
Within 12 months you will…
- Consistently meet and exceed onboarding targets.
- Obtain (solicited and unsolicited) feedback and act upon peer, customer, and leadership feedback.
- Be recognized as a customer onboarding subject matter expert and leader at Sprout.
- Establish and begin executing against the long term plan for your team.
- Promote members on your team and begin creating benchmarks of new talent.
- Have tried, measured, and iterated upon multiple onboarding strategies.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for our team, product and culture. Our benefits program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families
- Progressive policies to support work/life balance, like our flexible paid time off and parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment—your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and mental well-being of our team
- Ongoing education and development opportunities via our [email protected] program, employee-led diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives and mentorship programs for aspiring leaders
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Candidates for this remote work opportunity must be based in the Philippines. If you are based in another location within APAC, we aren’t able to hire in your location at this time; however, if you’d like to stay in touch with us in case that changes in the future, please apply and we’ll save your application for possible future consideration.