Morningstar's products transform our high-quality data, independent research, and technological expertise into well-designed tools that delight our clients. The product management, product development, and service teams collaborate with our Customer Success group to help provide clients with relevant products and bundled solutions.
The Customer Success Managers are responsible for Customer Success activities (e.g. on-boarding, support, services, adoption, advocacy, etc.) and outcomes (e.g. renewals, book of business growth, and customer satisfaction). As a leader of the Customer Success team for Morningstar Direct, you will support and spearhead our efforts to build and maintain a world class customer success team and drive customer success outcomes. You will work cross-functionally to define and optimize the customer lifecycle management process, establish and report on success metrics, and continue looking for ways to help the team improve efficiency and effectiveness of what they do. This position requires some client-facing travel. This position is based in Chicago.
- Oversee half of world class customer success team, foster team culture of collaboration, client centricity, and continuous learning in a performance-based environment.
- Attract, retain, develop and motivate talent at all levels.
- Accountable for overall client satisfaction and book of business goals for members of his/her team and helping the overall team reach annual goals.
- Manage customer success managers against defined team KPIs and strive for continuous improvements by adopting industry best practices to increase team efficiency and effectiveness.
- Serve as the escalation point for ongoing issues and manage projects to build or improve process/system that help CSMs monitor and anticipate customers' needs and goals.
- Partner with internal teams such as sales, product, data, and research to promote a client-centric culture across the company.
- A bachelor's degree; an advanced degree is a plus.
- Possess a minimum of 5 years of customer service, training, or sales experience
- Ability to skillfully drive change, think strategically, and collaborate cross-functionally
- Must enjoy teaching/mentoring/coaching
- Experience working with financial advisors with a deep understanding of their structures and workflows
- Excellent prioritization, communication, and analytical skills
- Experience with Tableau a plus
- Experience leading a team or developing careers a plus
- Financial industry certifications are considered a plus
- Experience with Morningstar Direct and Salesforce a plus
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity