Manager, Sales Development (Inbound) at Sprout Social
Sprout Social is looking for a creative and motivated Manager of Sales Development with experience in building and leading teams that are responsible for qualifying inbound interest for Sales Acquisition teams. Sprout Social is used by over 25,000 brands worldwide including Make-A-Wish Foundation, Chicago Bulls, Subaru and Edelman. These businesses rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media.
As a Manager of Sales Development, you will lead and manage a team of Sales Development Representatives (SDRs). Our SDRs generate new business for the sales team by engaging with and qualifying inbound leads. You will partner closely with our marketing and sales teams to collaborate on account strategies while consistently achieving monthly quotas at the team level.
Since this role will make a large impact on our team, we’re looking for someone with proven success in past sales leadership roles such as achieving quota consistently, hiring and developing salespeople, experience with software sales, and seeing the value of strong customer relationships within a sales process.
If you love leading and mentoring best in class sales teams while executing at a high level, we’d love to talk to you!
These are the minimum qualifications that our hiring team is looking for in this role:
- Consistent track record of exceeding sales and/or retention quotas
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic processes to increase team efficiencies
- Deep understanding of Inbound Sales Development - prospecting, cold calling, objection handling and qualifying
- Experience managing and coaching junior sales employees and a genuine motivation to help facilitate the career growth of others both personally and professionally
Additionally, these are the preferred qualifications that would indicate a particularly strong candidate:
- Minimum 1 years of experience in a sales management role or a comparable leadership development program
- Software sales experience with a deep understanding of creating and fostering an exciting team culture
- Technical expertise and ability to acquire knowledge of new products
- Demonstrated ability to manage through change and help others learn how to celebrate it
Within 1 month, you will…
- Complete Sprout Social’s new hire training & onboarding program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our products and how your role fits into the organization.
- Partner with the Head of Sales Development to define key success metrics for your role and how you will measure against them.
- Meet your team in 1:1s to understand each individual’s current challenges and areas of opportunity.
- Educate yourself on the current team structure, goals and overall strengths/weaknesses.
Within 3 months, you will…
- Understand the KPI’s that are driving the business and have a familiarity with how to manage each individual on your team to them
- Gain an understanding of our typical hiring profile and create a vision for how to raise the bar with all future hiring for your team
- Meet with leaders throughout the Sales & Customer Success organization that share responsibility for obtaining similar targets and identify areas of opportunity.
- Establish a strong understanding of sales enablement, create/analyze team reports, and identify coaching opportunities.
- Begin coaching and mentoring the team with call shadowing and role plays to help them improve, both professionally and personally.
- Create an early concept of the future plan for your team and begin prioritizing.
Within 6 months, you will…
- Measure initial process improvements and make adjustments where appropriate.
- Have built strong cross-departmental relationships with Sales Development, Sales Leadership, Sales Operations, Marketing, and Product.
- Step up as a leader to share best practices across the Sales & Customer Success organization and help others grow from your experiences.
- Meet agreed-upon goals and targets relating to revenue targets and team productivity.
- Continue to develop your team, both personally and professionally.
- Become a Sprout Social and social media expert to confidently speak to ever-changing trends, new product features and platform enhancements to help our customers realize their full potential and accomplish their goals.
Within 12 months, you will…
- Inspire the team to exceed targets by closely monitoring and managing to process consistency
- Obtain (solicited and unsolicited) and act upon peer, customer, and leadership feedback.
- Be recognized as a subject matter expert and leader at Sprout.
- Establish and begin executing against the long-term plan for your team.
- Promote members on your team and begin creating a bench of new talent.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for our team, product and culture. Our benefits program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families
- Progressive policies to support work/life balance, like our flexible paid time off and parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment—your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and mental well-being of our team
- Ongoing education and development opportunities via our [email protected] program, employee-led diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives and mentorship programs for aspiring leaders
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop and downtown Seattle
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based on identity— race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in our 2020 DEI Report.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. We'll do all we can to ensure you're set up for success during our interview process while upholding your privacy, including requests for accommodation. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.