Manufacturing Business Development Executive (Consulting Services) at West Monroe
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
We are looking for a National Business Development Executive to support our Manufacturing Practice. Responsibilities will entail:
- Relationship Management
- Leverage your personal network of Corporate Development relationships nationally to secure executive-level introduction meetings to identify upcoming transactions that will result in new business with C&IP clients
- Research new C&IP prospects, new contacts, and map/segment the national marketplace; and manage and grow contacts
- Attend industry conferences to introduce West Monroe to new C&IP prospects and understand the latest industry trends
- Sales Leadership/Market Segmentation
Lead personal, networked-based sales pursuits
- Work with the C&IP Leadership, practice leaders, and national Industry teams to develop the C&IP vertical
- Continually scan the marketplace for pending opportunities
- Create and execute targeted outbound programs to build our C&IP brand and surface new opportunities
- Attend key C&IP gatherings, conferences and roundtables
- Target Account Strategy
Provide leadership around the sales pursuit process and proposal delivery teams for transactions you originate
- Alliance Development
- Identify and develop unique, C&IP specific alliance partners that can drive leads to West Monroe Partners
We need someone who can bring the following to the table:
- Demonstrable knowledge of the issues and solutions around C&IP operations and supply chain
- Ability to achieve an annual revenue target of $4 - $6 Million
- 10-15+ years’ experience working in a manufacturing and/or supply chain Business
- Development role, with a proven track record of success
- Experience selling software/technology, outsourcing or similar technical services.
- Experience selling project-based consulting services preferred
- Knowledgeable on C&IP industry issues and awareness of latest manufacturing and supply chain solutions including: Industry 4.0, Digital Manufacturing, IoT, and business improvement via predictive analytics
- Capable of understanding how to quantify manufacturing business improvements on the P&L and Balance Sheet
- Bachelor’s degree minimum or equivalent work experience
- Able to work independently and as a team player in coordinating and driving sales processes
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Aggressive self-starter with strong interpersonal skills
- Effective time management and organization skills
- Membership and participation in business and manufacturing community associations
- Ability to travel on short notice
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.westmonroe.com/inclusion.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read West Monroe’s Notice at Collection for California residents, provided pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and linked here.