MedSLED Platform Specialist Presales Consulting at ServiceNow
Senior Pre-Sales Platform Solution Consultant
Location(s): Chicago, IL; Minneapolis, MN
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
The Senior Platform Consultant is a customer facing domain expert who will drive innovative business solutions with our customers, by applying technical and business skills.
This role is a Pre-Sales/Sales Engineering/Solution Consulting role. You will partner with sales, solution consulting and the rest of the ServiceNow ecosystem to achieve customer success through thought leadership and driving awareness. The role takes a consultative approach with our customers and prospects to discover and map business outcome-driven solutions.
The role also may require demonstration and prototyping of platform capabilities, and in select cases identify the specific requirements needed to develop innovative application prototypes. The Platform Solution Consultant will also provide solutions and enablement to the technical sales force, and provide prospective customers with product and solution advice during pre-sales discussions.
- Drive innovative business solution and digital transformation with our customers.
- Consult with customers and prospects to understand their application development needs and pain points, and evangelize the business value of rapid application development on the platform
- Partner with the sales, solution consulting and the rest of the ServiceNow ecosystem to achieve customer success through thought leadership and driving awareness.
- Develop and enhance application prototypes on the ServiceNow platform both independently, and as the lead architect on a team with expert UI designers and developers
- Demonstrate to customers and prospects the experience of developing and extending applications on the ServiceNow platform
- Conduct architectural and/or technical workshops that may include enablement sessions
- Contribute to and help maintain an asset library of applications developed on the platform
- Answer questions and provide guidance to Solution Consultants in the field regarding application customization and development
- Interact with the ServiceNow community as a thought leader on developing and extending applications on the ServiceNow platform
- Contribute to programs that enable Solution Consultants to demonstrate the value of developing applications on the ServiceNow platform
- Scope and develop application development Proof of Concepts/prototypes with prospective customers
- Be the platform subject matter expert at executive briefings, workshops and marketing events
- Work closely with Product Management on upcoming releases and provide feedback from customer interaction
What you need to be successful in this role:
- 5 years’ experience as a solution/sales engineering or a consultant for a software company
- Prior experience with Platform-as-a-Service desirable
- Passion for problem-solving to solution selling.
- College Degree (or equivalent experience) in the fields of Software Engineering, Computer Sciences, or related disciplines
- Experience on ServiceNow Platform or other PaaS like Salesforce, Appian, a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of an agile work environment and able to work inside Scrum-based projects
- Basic programming experience in Java or .Net programming languages
- Fluency in third party integrations using web services, JDBC, and file-based parsers
- Functional comprehension of SQL and database concepts
- Experience with Big Data, IoT and other emerging technologies a plus
ServiceNow's applications are built on a platform that maximizes development velocity, and minimizes application maintenance with extensive component reuse, less integration, and the judicious use of code. It is a new, extremely efficient, yet very flexible development methodology enabled by our holistic platform.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.