Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
What is a National Account Manager?
We are looking for an experienced National Account Manager who will help us bring digital insurance product solutions to emerging digital agency distribution partners.
The ideal candidate for this role will understand how to build and manage partnerships with executive level leaders. You will play a key role in the development and execution of the channel strategy, and the overall growth and profitability of our National Account Partners. You will have an expert level understanding on driving agent engagement while managing the partnerships from a top down approach, rarely working directly with producing agents.
You are highly motivated and driven by results. You’ll need to balance managing multiple partnerships while building the internal tools and reports you need to succeed. You are a natural problem solver who can work amidst ambiguity and willing (and able) to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
What you will do?
- Account Management – Develop and maintain mutually beneficial partnerships and facilitate ongoing account/performance management activities.
- Partner Onboarding – Expert understanding of our onboarding processes, provide feedback and improvements and be the go-to contact for partners during the process.
- Agency Economics – Manage and effectively communicate compensation structures, underwriting and sales best practices that drive desired profitable business results.
- Training Development – Serve as a subject-matter-expert (SME) in understanding and communicating training and support needs.
- Sales Support – Handle escalated issues and work cross-functionally with insurance product and operational/compliance teams to address underwriting questions in the sales/renewal process.
- Performance and Profitability – Partner with Insurance Product Management team to manage a growth-oriented and profitable book of business through our partnerships.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration – Work effectively with members of our product, technology, finance, and operational teams to build key capabilities, tools and support models.
What are our must haves?
- You’re an expert managing large national partnerships. You have insurance experience, and you’re highly motivated by the thought of disrupting legacy, both carrier and agency, business models.
- You have great relationship skills. You’re able to build effective relationships, both internally and externally, and can navigate complex relationships and issues.
- You’re highly operational and analytical. You understand customer acquisition and distribution-related KPIs, insurance financials, and can operationally execute tactical plans. You are data driven and can identify trends to drive profitable growth.
- You’re a great communicator. You’re able to communicate high level business goals and operational plans externally and the strategies and motivations of our partners’ internally.
- You understand insurance compliance. You’re fluent with agency licensing and appointment regulations and supporting operational processes.
- You’re hands-on and a self-starter. You have the ability to lead and drive initiatives with little oversight – the persistency and tenacity to break down barriers while also bringing people together towards a common goal.
- You’re flexible. You have the ability to work amidst ambiguity and adapt as we grow and expand. You are able to travel up to 50%, as needed.
- You have a growth mindset. You’re driven to improve performance through continued learning.
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited vacation, we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie too
- Dental and Vision, we’ve got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover 90% of your premium, 75% of your dependents and contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- We invest in your future by contributing 3% of your salary to a 401(K), even if you don't
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits
- And yes, we have unlimited LaCroix, beer, snacks and the occasional ice cream social