Our Value Proposition:
Clearcover is a venture-backed technology start-up disrupting the trillion dollar legacy insurance market. We’ve focused on building products that create confident, happy customers - and we’re flourishing. We believe in putting our people first, paying them well and working together to solve tough problems. If you’d like a high-growth opportunity with an award-winning company, let’s chat.stest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
What is a National Account Manager?
We are looking for an experienced National Account Manager that will help us bring digital insurance product solutions to an evolving agency distribution channel. This role will specifically manage all of Clearcover’s Network/Aggregator/Cluster, Franchise and Wholesaler Partnerships.
The ideal candidate for this role will understand how to build and manage partnerships with executive level leaders. You will play a key role in the development and execution of the channel strategy, and the overall growth and profitability of our National Account Partners. You will have an expert level understanding on driving agent engagement while managing the partnerships from a top down approach, rarely working directly with producing agents.
You should be highly motivated and driven by results. You’ll need to balance managing multiple partnerships while building the internal tools and reports you need to succeed. You should be a natural problem solver who can work amidst ambiguity and willing (and able) to roll up your sleeves to get the job done. This will be fun, but it won’t be easy.
What will you be doing?
- Account Management – Develop and maintain mutually beneficial partnerships and facilitate ongoing account/performance management activities.
- Partner Onboarding – Expert understanding of our onboarding processes, provide feedback and improvements and be the go-to contact for partners during the process.
- Agency Activation – Expertly navigate and successfully appoint Network Groups pool of Agencies.
- Agency Economics – Manage and effectively communicate compensation structures, underwriting and sales best practices that drive desired profitable business results.
- Training Development – Serve as a subject-matter-expert (SME) in understanding and communicating training and support needs.
- Sales Support – Handle escalated issues and work cross-functionally with insurance product and operational/compliance teams to address underwriting questions in the sales/renewal process.
- Performance and Profitability – Partner with Insurance Product Management team to manage a growth-oriented and profitable book of business through our partnerships.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration – Work effectively with members of our product, technology, finance, and operational teams to build key capabilities, tools and support models.
What are our must haves?
- You’re an expert managing large national partnerships with a history directly working with Network/Aggregator/Franchise/Wholesale model Groups. You have insurance experience, but you’re highly motivated by the thought of disrupting legacy, both carrier and agency, business models.
- You have great relationship skills. You’re able to build effective relationships, both internally and externally, and can navigate complex relationships and issues.
- You’re highly operational and analytical. You understand customer acquisition and distribution-related KPIs, insurance financials, and can operationally execute tactical plans. You are data driven and can identify trends to drive profitable growth.
- You’re a great communicator. You’re able to communicate high level business goals and operational plans externally and the strategies and motivations of our partners’ internally.
- You understand insurance compliance. You’re fluent with agency licensing and appointment regulations and supporting operational processes.
- You’re hands-on and a self-starter. You have the ability to lead and drive initiatives with little oversight – the persistency and tenacity to break down barriers while also bringing people together towards a common goal.
- You’re flexible. You have the ability to work amidst ambiguity and adapt as we grow and expand. You are able to travel up to 50%, as needed.
- You have a growth mindset. You’re driven to improve performance through continued learning.
But wait, there’s more: As a people-first company, your health and well-being is a priority at Clearcover. While we do offer medical (and cover the vast majority of the premium), dental, vision (and cover 100% of those premiums) and 401K (we contribute 3% even if you contribute nothing), we’ve curated a stack of perks and benefits that stretch beyond the expected. With over half of our employees remote to the Chicago HQ office, we paved the way for flexible work locations and continue to offer this flexibility. Our people also have access to unlimited vacation, monthly mental health workshops, discounted gym memberships, equity in the company and an annual bonus program. Plus, if Clearcover is available in your state, you could have access to an employee discount on auto-insurance! Excited to learn more? Complete the application below!
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.