Pre-Sales Engineer (Central US Remote) at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewThe Sales Engineer Department is a segment of the WatchGuard Portfolio, this team focuses on Body Worn Camera and In Car Video Systems, License Plate Readers (LPR) and Backend Software.
- Manages pre-sale opportunities and implementation of the identified complex projects.
- This comprises all stages of the projects, starting from scope definition until final close of the project, involved in the entire Network Integration process.
- The incumbent is responsible for the management of all aspects of technical solution, Customer requirements and expectations within the projects.
- Defines directions and requirements to ensure timely implementation and quality of the technical solutions.
- Provide engineering services for Customers, including commissioning and testing Motorola equipment in accordance with technical requirements, documentation and contract obligations, system presentation for the internal/external customers.
- Responsible for the preparation of system bids, taking into account the customer's needs and the equipment available, as well as any modifications required in conjunction with the product group.
- Works with operations as well as other internal and external developers of the networking products and systems to meet customer's delivery requirements and meeting deadlines.
- The indivdual will also design or assist with demonstations for customer.
- Travel 25-75% of the time
- Willingness to think out of the box and challenge the status quo
- Strong written and oral communications skills with the ability to present complex topics to technical and non-technical audiences
- Bachelors of Science or M.S degree. Preferred emphasis in Electrical, Wireless, Computer, Network Engineering or Computer Science
- Technical Knowledge in Linux
- Technical Knowledge in Cloud Architecture (Azure)
Travel RequirementsOver 50%
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.