If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewThe Sales Engineering Group is the technical lifeblood of the Sales Organization. Our engineers bring to life the innovative communications solutions that make a difference in the moments that matter. As the solutions architecture, the Sales Engineering Groups have the technology and design responsibility for all sales support engagements nationwide.
The Presales Engineer role is a field based position that partners closely with the Motorola Solutions direct sales team as well as our customers. You will be responsible to deliver customer-driven, world-class, leading-edge, end-to-end solutions that rise to the challenges that our customers face. The Presales Engineer is the overall owner of the solutions’ technical design, incorporating products and services from both Motorola and third-party companies.The team concentrates on the following mission-critical communications technologies at various levels of complexity:
• Public safety grade mobile voice and data networks
• Advanced mobile devices
• Public safety mobile broadband networks and devices (LTE)
• Integrated command and control: Next Generation 9-1-1 Dispatch Consoles, Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD)
• Intelligence-Led Public Safety: Real-time video and data analytics
Additional Responsibilities Include:
• Customer requirements discovery
• Technology strategy development
• End-to-end system architecture design
• Proposal development
• Understanding and combating competitive influences
• Participating in contract negotiations
• Internal and external technical presentations
Additional Skills Include:
• Bachelors Degree is required. Preferred emphasis in Electrical, Wireless, Computer, Network Engineering or Computer Science Degree
• 2+ years experience in Engineering, Sales or Project Management
• Positive attitude with a can-do mentality that enables you to be creative, resourceful and deliver results
• Strong written and oral communications skills with the ability to present complex topics to technical and non-technical audiences
• Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Willingness to think out of the box and challenge the status quo
• Attention to detail and a flawless execution mindset
• Strong general knowledge of wireless communications fundamentals and voice/data architectures - both public and private (e.g. APCO P25, LTE, 802.11, 3G/4G) is highly desirable.
• Strong general knowledge of IP networking architecture, protocols and security is highly desirable
• Knowledge of RF coverage predictions, traffic/capacity modeling, and related toolsets is an asset
• Travel: 10-25%. Travel consisting mostly of Central US Region
2+ years of experience in one of the following: sales, engineering or solutions architecture
Referral Payment PlanNo
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.