If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewMotorola Solutions Inc.
- Define scope and requirements through direct interaction with the customer to ensure the timely implementation and quality of technical solutions.
- Provide engineering services including, but not limited to, commissioning and testing Motorola equipment in accordance with technical requirements, documentation, and contractual obligations and presenting systems for internal customers such as Account Executives and Post Sales organizations or external customers.
- Prepare system bids while accounting for the customer's needs and the equipment available, as well as any modifications required in conjunction with the product group.
- Present the requirements of a needed solution to external developers such as HP, Juniper, and Fortinet, among others, and internal Motorola networking experts to determine the network components.
- Design and integration with third party solutions and two-way RF systems as part of the pre-sale process.
- Conduct Radio Coverage design and analysis.
- Create RF Propagation (Coverage) maps using Hydra coverage modeling tool and create an equipment list based off of the RF propagation maps.
- Create System Block Diagrams to communicate system design information to the customers and sales teams.
- Strong communication skills to write System Descriptions based on equipment list and customer requirements.
- Communicate all design information to the Sales Team and incorporate into proposal documentation for delivery to customers.
- Ability to communicate and dissipate complex technical topics to non technical audience through presentation and writing.
- Telecommuting from anywhere in the US is acceptable. 25-50% domestic travel to various unanticipated locations.
- In connection with the above duties, apply knowledge and/or skills of Wireless communications fundamentals and voice/data architectures; LTE; LMR RF propagation Link Budget Analysis; RF distribution systems– Combiners, multicouplers, antennas, voice and data traffic analysis; LAN; Backhaul Design RF Propagation (Coverage) Maps using Hydra or other coverage modeling tool; and Power sizing and calculation.
Bachelor of Science + 2 years experience.
Referral Payment PlanNo
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.