Foursquare is a technology company that enriches consumer experiences and informs business decisions through location intelligence. A community of more than 50 million people use the Foursquare City Guide and Foursquare Swarm apps and websites to discover new places, explore the world and check in. They have written more than 95 million tips and checked in over 12 billion times. Foursquare powers location data for Snapchat, Apple, Uber, Twitter and 125,000 other developers. Foursquare’s business solutions also include Pinpoint, Attribution, Pilgrim SDK and Foursquare Analytics, which empower brands to understand and connect to targeted audiences as well as measure foot traffic and advertising success.
About this Position:
Foursquare has built a world class sales organization with a mission of reinventing the way marketers connect with consumers based on our highly accurate 1st party location data being leveraged in programmatic exchanges via our Pinpoint product. Our trading team is responsible for the management and optimization of media campaigns using programmatic buying channels and platforms. This role will be responsible for setting up, trafficking, optimizing, and monitoring media campaigns across multiple advertising channels. Analyzing data and identifying behavioral trends for optimizations will also be key components of the role.
This position will be based in New York, NY OR Chicago, IL.
- Campaign management - setup, traffic ad tags, monitor pacing and optimize campaign performance across multiple DSPs
- Troubleshooting - Help to decipher reporting inconsistencies with 3rd party ad servers, ad verification vendors and attribution solutions providers. Identify ad serving issues, inventory quality opportunities, and other hurdles in executing seamless and successful campaigns
- Team collaboration - work with the trading, sales ops, client solutions and sales planning to form a strategically sound plans, execute, and report on media campaigns
- Reporting - use Datorama, Asana, Salesforce and other tools to track, analyze and optimize media campaigns
- Insights - Dig into campaign performance to look for campaign and optimization insights to share with clients and use for campaign performance improvements
- Cross-functional communication - work with engineering, product management, sales, and measurement to identify opportunities for growth and product enhancements
- 2-4 years managing online advertising campaigns, working with ad exchanges, DMPs, ad servers, viewability and brand safety vendors
- Working directly in DSPs to traffic and manage campaigns
- Experience with combining large data sets and methodologies for analyzing and understanding data
- Thorough understanding of RTB
- Excellent communication, presentation, prioritization, and organizational skills, and a strong commitment to detail
- Self-motivated team player comfortable in a small, intense, high-growth startup environment
- Extremely professional and positive demeanor
- Willingness to put in the time and effort to learn and complete any tasks
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.