Regional Account Manager, Mid-Market Accounts at Morningstar (Chicago, IL)
The Group: Morningstar’s Business Development & Sales group is responsible for helping our advisor and institutional clients build their businesses and provide better outcomes for investors. The group is structured primarily along the following client segments: Advisor and Asset Management.
The Role: Morningstar's Mid-Market Accounts team is looking for a high energy, enthusiastic sales-minded person to join our sales-focused Regional Account Manager team. Regional Account Managers are responsible for enhancing our Advisor Workstation clients’ overall experience and driving value that leads to upsells, expansion into other areas of an account, and customer satisfaction. We are looking for someone who is motivated, goal-oriented, results-focused, and inspired to develop a portfolio of assigned customers, foster new business from existing clients and actively seek expansion opportunities to grow overall client revenue. This is a quota-carrying role where you will make an evident impact within our organization. This is a true career opportunity with tremendous professional and financial upside. Success in this role will require performance management to drive both client and company results, industry expertise and acumen, and the ability to thrive in a high growth and fast paced company environment. This position is based in our Chicago office.
• Act as the primary point of contact and business partner for a dedicated portfolio of Morningstar’s Advisor Workstation clients via web meetings, phone and/or email
• Identify growth opportunities regionally to expand existing user base within portfolio of accounts.
• Achieve sales and retention goals measured quarterly while providing excellent service to clients.
• Conduct client demonstration sessions of Advisor Workstation designed to highlight how Morningstar’s software and data solutions addresses the needs of the account and end users with a consultative approach.
• Work collaboratively across the Mid-Market Accounts team to strategize on account retention and growth opportunities.
• Go above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Efficiently and thoroughly develop your pipeline and manage the end to end sales cycle.
• Have least 2 years of sales/account management experience with proven success in achieving goals.
• Are a highly motivated self-starter with strong organizational skills.
• Possess the drive and willingness to exceed expectations with a strong work ethic.
• Pursue a consultative selling approach and strong interpersonal, relationship management skills.
• Engage in strategic and creative thinking that enables you to understand industry and customer trends and apply those insights to deliver business results.
• Have an entrepreneurial spirit and creativity that sparks your capacity for building and growing business.
• Demonstrate the ability to work well with members on your team through teamwork and sharing of learned insights.
• Must have strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Should be familiar with and interested in financial markets or services, particularly investing.
A bachelor’s degree is required.