Regional Business Development Director
Here @ Strata…
We are committed to our mission to help heal healthcare. Our unique culture is driven by a social, hardworking environment full of talented people solving problems together. We embrace learning, cross-team collaboration, and continuous career growth. Lifting each other to lift our clients, our product, our company. If being part of a fun, fast-moving, innovative team is what you seek? Keep reading.
We look for someone who:
- Is Service-Centric: Someone who desires to make an impact in and outside of our office. We look for service minded people to support our customers, each other and our community.
- Has a Growth Mindset: Driven to own your individual learning and development (We’ll help you - we have a team dedicated to training you and providing extra educational resources).
- Rocks Impact: Thinks two steps ahead to ensure the work we do will solve problems and make a difference.
- Will be a StrataPro: Accountable. Prepared. Positive. Core to who we are and how we treat one another.
What you’ll do in this role:
As a Regional Business Development Director, you will be part of a team which is responsible for managing the sales process of Strata’s leading cloud based SaaS financial planning, analytics and performance platform.
- Generate new leads through a range of channels (Industry meetings, cold calls, networking, existing customer visits).
- Develop leads provided by Strata’s business development channels.
- Build meaningful and value-added relationships with accounts in the assigned territory.
- Develop territory and identify short and long-term prospects and maintain sales plans.
- Manage, analyze, and lead potential sale opportunities for both new and existing clients.
- Prepare and deliver presentations for prospective and existing clients.
- Sell the value of Strata’s products and services to establish a strong foundational partnership.
- Utilize Salesforce to track and report on activity and pipeline status, and use other state-of-the-art sales tools provided by Strata.
- Comprehensive preparation, follow-up and demand creation skills.
- Negotiate pricing and general contract terms.
- Facilitate the closing process through effective communication with customer and Strata stakeholders.
- Willing to travel up to 60% or more.
Some of your accomplishments include:
- A Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in: Accounting, Finance, Business or another related field.
- 5 – 10 years of sales experience in healthcare finance, healthcare management consulting, healthcare business software sales or current/past experience as a health-system CFO, VP of Finance or Director of Decision Support
- Experience communicating with healthcare executives, VP, Director and Manager level clients in a consultative capacity
- Being a strategic thinker who connects prospective client goals with software functionality
- Knowledge of healthcare finance concepts (financial planning process, budgeting, financial statements)
- Knowledge of healthcare decision support systems is a plus
- Understanding of healthcare marketplace trends (I.e. healthcare reform, accountable care, consolidation) and their impact on hospital providers
- High caliber communication and presentation skills
- Having strong self-motivation, and the ability to work effectively with limited guidance when necessary
- Being comfortable with medium range sales cycles (6 -12 months)
- An existing, comprehensive client network,
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.