Retail Operations & Training Manager
About Camelot Illinois
Camelot Illinois operates the Illinois Lottery, a modern enterprise that truly benefits the people of Illinois. We place consumers and social responsibility at our core, providing funding for schools, capital projects and special causes. We are a progressive organization that is reinforcing the lottery’s rightful position as a force for good alongside the State of Illinois.
Camelot Illinois is a subsidiary of Camelot Lottery Solutions, a leading solutions and technology provider to lotteries around the world. Camelot Lottery Solutions digital and data platforms, and services power some of the most innovative and fastest growing lotteries in the world including the Irish and UK National Lotteries, Loterie Romande (Switzerland), and the Arkansas Scholarship Lottery.
Our sister company, Camelot UK, has operated the UK National Lottery since 1994. Camelot UK has an unrivaled track record for success, helping the UK National Lottery deliver over $80 billion to winners and $46 billion to good causes to date.
About the Team:
The Retail Sales team will implement a comprehensive refresh of the in-store experience for both customers and consumers. 8000 retailers across Illinois will receive transformational sales support reinforced by better products and better media advertising resulting in a transformation of sales performance and overall brand image.
Within Camelot Illinois, the Retail Operations & Training Manager will be responsible for developing, championing and delivering commercial initiatives across the organization to continually improve the retail execution and diversify the network.
Additionally, help to establish the Illinois Lottery brand to be a champion of the people of Illinois, through delivering - Fun Games, Create Winners, Support Causes. Powering possibilities across the Illinois Lottery retail landscape is a key driver to delivering for the people of Illinois.
- Support achievement of sales targets by ensuring retail channels develop appropriate and effective retail and marketing plans, delivered through the Key Accounts, Field Sales and Telemarketing Teams.
- Train and support:
- Flow of Retailer Application, Licensing Approval & Installation.
- Audit application to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Road Net & Oneplace application that drives routing for state sales teams.
- OnePlace Web application that helps drive in-store execution and sales for state sales teams.
- Ensure retail channels operate effectively by aligning retailer provisioning of new terminals and the ongoing terminal maintenance.
- Develop and implement annual commercial strategy for retail channels, ensuring it reflects company's business and sales strategies.
- Improve capabilities, tools and reporting across all retail channels.
- Provide data driven insight to enable each team in retail channels to operate effectively and efficiently.
- Lead development of holistic retailer engagement programs, across Trade Press, Trade Associations, Head Offices and Retail Outlets.
- Implement retail and marketing activities across teams in-line with retailer engagement programs.
- Measure and review contact strategy and retailer advocacy ongoing.
- Measure and update a cost-to-serve model to understand ROI by segment, sector, customer or outlet.
- Drive retail channels to adopt new technology and digital in retail.
- Develop new and innovative ways of maximizing retail sales performance.
- Build external network to help spot retail channel trends and future opportunities.
- Enable Camelot Illinois’ commercial plans with its customers by providing leading edge tools and insight to retail teams.
- Develop ways to deliver great in store-execution of Illinois Lottery within retail customers.
- Deliver agreed-upon company objectives and budgeted sales within investment and cost budgets.
- Work with outside vendors and agencies to create sales call structures and supported learning.
- Create an annual sales team engagement tracker.
- Work across all departments to ensure that the sales teams are equipped with the skills and tools to deliver objectives.
- Build sales onboarding programs to ensure new employees are up to speed in a timely manner.
- For retailers, develop on-boarding and ongoing training initiatives to continuously elevate the level of retail execution and consumer satisfaction.
- Bachelor's Degree in applicable discipline.
- 5 plus years of relevant Retailer Operations and Training Management experience.
- Proven experience leading cross-functional projects and fostering excellent cross-departmental relationships.
- Proven experience using data driven insights to create commercial strategies for retail channels.
- Previous experience leading retail operations teams.
- Previous experience managing budgets and providing efficiencies.
- Experience in CPG, with understanding of field sales and key account management.
- Experience in retail sales teams, and broad understanding of key success factors.
- Understanding and demonstrable experience of training and development programs.
- Understanding of telemarketing and experience of developing performance.
- Ability to think and act independently to develop enhancements to current and future ways of working.
- Strong cross functional skills, enabling implementation of objectives with the aid of peers.
- Competent with Google Suite.
Working For Camelot Illinois
We are a transformative lottery company with world-class people, technology, and operations that is committed to powering possibilities--for our employees, our partners, and our consumers. With grit and determination we believe in doing not just the easy thing but the right thing. The Camelot Illinois values of do good, be accountable, stay connected, keep improving, and spark enthusiasm are embedded in the design of our organization and our plans for Illinois.
- Do Good: We care about our communities, our stakeholders, and each other. We act with integrity & honesty, as a positive force for Illinois.
- Be Accountable: we drive results. And we continually strive to get those results more efficiently and effectively.
- Stay Connected: Being open, honest, and collaborative is what makes us, us. This is embodied in our messaging and communications and in how we treat each other.
- Keep Improving: We’re hungry to be better. We innovate and evolve our business, our teams, and ourselves, always with an eye on professional and personal growth.
- Spark Enthusiasm: We incorporate energy and laughter into every aspect of our work to create positive and entertaining experiences.
We want people who thrive in an autonomous, collaborative and results-driven environment to join our company. We believe the way to attract and retain the best talent is to offer a fulfilling experience and meaningful work in an organization committed to growing its people. Learning & Development is a top priority, and we partner with employees to grow and progress their professional skill sets.
Benefits and Employee Policies
We bring our experience of working with European lotteries to Illinois. We also bring a European influence to paid time off, family leave and so on. We have created a strong ethical culture that is translated to each of our employees and business dealings globally. We offer a package of benefits and policies that competes with any private sector employer in the state. We ensure that every employee is engaged and has the necessary support to understand and implement the responsible gaming principles at work.
Moreover, we pledge to have the highest standards of respect, diversity and inclusion at our company and support and encourage our partners to do the same.
Camelot Illinois is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.