RETAIL SALES SUPPORT MANAGER - AMERICAS at Caterpillar
Retail Sales Support Manager – Americas
Are you passionate about customer success?
Caterpillar provides services to our customers far beyond the initial equipment sale. We leverage connected equipment and our decades of application expertise to enhance customer performance. Caterpillar's Construction Industries Services Division (CISD) exists to support enterprise efforts to deliver value-added services to customers. By enhancing customer value,
Caterpillar and our dealers create the opportunity to profitably grow our businesses while reducing the impact of market cycles.
Services is where we are investing our time, talent and money because they drive value for our customers, our company and our dealers. If you have a passion for helping customers succeed and want to be part of growing services, now is a great time to join CISD.
Drive Retail STU growth through a professionalized and regionally customized go-to-market approach for Integrated Service Offerings leveraging digital and physical channels that meet Retail customers where they are at in the moments that matter.
JOB RELATED STATISTICS:
Dealer Coverage: Regional (Retail Priority Dealers) – Americas (North & South)
Direct Reports: 9-11
Total Reports: 9-11
Lead a team of 7-9 Retail Aftermarket Services Consultants (channel focused ASCs) and 1 Aftermarket Leads & Insights Consultant responsible for supporting the Retail ASR Team and prioritized Retail Dealers in driving Retail STU growth through professionalized go-to-market deployment of Retail Integrated Service Offerings, supporting services integration, and Retail CI Services Growth Plan SME support to ensure laser focus on Sales Execution. Other job duties included but not limited to:
• Support Retail ASRs as SMEs in dealer Retail Services Aftermarket Transformation aligned with CI Services Growth Plan development
• Develop a granular understanding of why we lose and Retail Customer buying behavior/value-drivers and leverage insights to partner with the Integrated Services Development Team to develop USPs that address CCRs
• Provide VOC related to Digital Platforms/Tools back to the Central Team to ensure there is clarity on gap in Retail CX online
• Support Targeted Campaign approach with relevant Retail Sales & Marketing data insights related to who we know, what we know and where to win
• Drive aligned, targeted & cadenced nurturing programs to drive customer engagement across both Digital and Physical channels
• Support local training needs for ISRs, OTC personnel and Retail ASRs
• Support Retail Centric Events & Programs (Cat Owner’s Club, Cat Rewards, Cat Live Events, Build Your Brand, Parts Loyalty Index)
• Ensure Cat Dependencies related to Retail are SMART and aligned with key partners for quick resolution and transparent communication back to Field Team / Dealers
The incumbent sets priorities and establishes a work plan in order to complete broadly defined assignments and achieve desired results. Impacts key leading indicators tied to Retail STU growth including % of Active Retail Customers P12M, Average $ Spend per Retail Customer, Retail Sales PSE $ Won, % of Retail Customers with Marketable Contacts, % Growth in Retail Customer Touchpoints via Campaigns, % of Active Retail Customers via Cat eCommerce Platforms and NLS Retail (1-3 units).
The position manages a work unit of primarily management/professional employees where monitoring and reviewing work of subordinates is required as well as training, developing and mentoring. The position is responsible for all personnel issues and performance evaluation of subordinates. Employee may also be responsible for performing other job duties occasionally as assigned.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required in order to lead change, professionally challenge traditional thinking, drive innovation in products and services, coach and development team members, effectively work alongside key business partners (internal and external) and ensure that the team is focused on driving results.
- 4 year College or University Degree required
- 10+ progressively responsible job-related experience including 3-5 years in Cat dealer facing roles is required
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- The position requires thorough knowledge of the Dealer network, parts products, product applications, services and supporting systems
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required in order to lead change, professionally challenge traditional thinking, drive innovation in products and services, coach and development team members, effectively work alongside key business partners (internal and external) and ensure that the team is focused on driving results.
- Locations for this role will include Peoria, IL; Chicago, IL; or Cary, NC
- Travel can be up to 25%
- Relocation assistance is available for this role. If relocating, you must relocate to the locations available for this role.
Employee benefit details
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world. Here you earn more than just an hourly wage, because we value your performance, we offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of a monthly bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers