Sales Development Representative: Temp to Hire
Built In is a network of online communities that has quickly become the #1 recruitment solution for tech companies and startups in seven (7) major markets. We are a company of entrepreneurs building the largest network of communities for entrepreneurs.
By working at Built In you'll have the chance to work directly with the latest, and fastest-growing, technology companies all around the country. We help other companies solve their biggest pain points-talent and awareness with our Employer Branding & Recruitment solutions. We currently operate seven communities: Chicago, Los Angeles, Colorado, Austin, NYC, Boston, Seattle and are headquartered in Chicago.
We have aggressive growth plans and need a self-motivated and highly driven individual to join our team as a Sales Development Representative (SDR), located in our downtown Chicago office.
You will be responsible for creating and maintaining a prospect universe for our sales teams to reach out and initiate the sales process. You need to be comfortable navigating a number of external resources to identify prospects and contact information. Ultimately your goal is to research targeted accounts and validate the integrity of our prospect data for the Account Executives. As Built In continues to disrupt the technology ecosystem, expanding our addressable market is imperative.
This is a great opportunity to work hand-in-hand with the Account Executives to supply warm leads and open the door for relationships that will drive the continued success, growth and expansion of Built In.
- You should have 1-2 years of experience in Sales Development, Lead Generation, and Market Research
- You should have proven ability to cold call, cold email combined with data research and data entry
- You should be comfortable using Salesforce.com and LinkedIn to maintain a pipeline of prospects.
- You should be comfortable working with spreadsheets and managing large amounts of customer/prospect data
- Recruitment industry experience a plus, however not required
What We Value
- A+ player - We are looking for a dynamic, high performing Account Executive with a strong track record of high performance. The ideal candidate has a history of being entrepreneurial, loves the thrill of the hunt, and is capable of building a pipeline of new business.
- Flexible personality – You should thrive on change while remaining organized, optimistic, and coachable. High energy and contagious enthusiasm helps too.
- Communication - You should have the ability to speak and write clearly & concisely. Honesty, transparency, and thoughtfulness are a must. Your ability to present complex messages to multiple levels of an organization and probe for needs, is paramount. You should also be able to accurately read people to develop & execute an appropriate business strategy.
- Interest in the tech industry – You must be passionate about three things: (1) Startups (2) Building innovative tech products and services, and (3) Helping others. This is what we do!
- Strong Work Ethic – The job involves working some evenings and weekends, and responding to prospects/customers outside of normal work hours. If you are passionate about Built in and what you are creating, this will not appear as a job but yet a combination of life and work. Don’t worry, we have an excellent PTO Policy!
- Culture fit – You will need to get along with our team (which should be easy) as well as, members our our tech community. Humility, selflessness and compassion are requirements.
- Education - We value intelligence, personality and overall fit, over a degree.
Benefits & Perks
- Casual dress - Come in your sweatshirt, jeans or college jersey. We don't care.
- Free food - We keep our kitchen stocked with free healthy snack foods. We also have unlimited LaCroix, cold brew coffee on tap, and catered lunch (Monday - Thursday).
- Fun work environment - We operate as a flat organization where everyone is responsible to self-manage and take ownership of their work. We are humble, hard working, honest, and love to have fun.