Sales Development Representative
A great new opportunity at a great company.... see what we're all about!
At SilkRoad, it's all about the employees! We're all about flexibility and growth - yours and ours. This is the opportunity to build your career with a leader. At SilkRoad, you will play an important role in our success while working in a great environment that's loaded with talented professionals. This is your opportunity to join us!
SilkRoad is seeking a Sales Development Representative to generate new leads and contribute to the growth of the sales pipeline. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
- Identifies and contacts prospective clients to build the pipeline through a variety of methods including, but not limited to cold-calling, emailing, and mass email campaigns. Approximately 60% of time spent will be on the phones prospecting.
- Achieves department standards for activity that includes:
- Making a minimum number of quality outbound calls per day, of which a least 20% of those calls should result in quality conversations.
- Scheduling a minimum number of new quality discovery calls per week.
- Diligently and relentlessly follows-up on inbound leads to immediately engage with interested prospects.
- Quickly learns SilkRoad's Lifesuite products and demonstrates appropriate level knowledge in order to introduce human capital technical solutions to prospective clients.
- Documents all prospecting activities in CRM (Salesforce.com) and provides required BANT (Budget, Authority, Need, Timeline) information into each discovery call.
- Collaborates with the sales and marketing teams to develop prospecting plays designed to increase pipeline.
- Successfully manages time to ensure profiling, adding, and updating accounts and contacts daily, consistent follow-ups with prospects, while still meeting/exceeding minimum department requirements.
- Must demonstrate strong working knowledge of Salesforce.
- Strong organizational and follow through skills with the ability to prioritize and meet strict deadlines.
- Detail oriented with good analytical and problem resolution abilities.
- Strong computer/technology skills including MS Office applications and internet.
- Ability to develop and achieve professional goals.
- Demonstrates a strong desire to compete and succeed.
- Ability to develop new leads and new business opportunities.
- Ability to quickly form and maintain positive business relationships while handling rejection professionally.
- Ability to accept and rapidly apply coaching from direct manager
- Highly self accountable, has the ability to self assess and course correct as identified
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor's degree in a related field of study is preferred.
- 1 year of account development or inside sales experience for software products and/or services is preferred.
- 1 year of experience in prospecting and sales lead generation is preferred.
- 1 year of experience developing and managing a sales territory and pipeline is preferred.
- Previous experience using a CRM tool; Salesforce.com is strongly preferred and will take precedence over other CRM experience.