Sales Enablement Specialist, Technology Training and Adoption at Morningstar (Chicago, IL)
The Role: In this role, you'll design and deliver actionable learning plans to our sales and customer success teams, enabling them to leverage our technology stack to manage their territory assignments, sell Morningstar products and provide world class support to clients. You'll work closely with senior Sales Excellence, Marketing and Sales Management stakeholders to confirm and prioritize training and then design, develop and implement scalable programs to meet learning objectives. Programs will be measurable and tied to strategic corporate initiatives. This position is located in our Chicago office.
- Develop a comprehensive business plan to drive adoption and best use of technology for each learner audience including Strategic Account Executives, Mid-Market Accounts (MMA), Specialists, Client Advisors and Customer Success Managers (CSMs).
- Take inventory of existing curriculum, identify gaps and develop missing content.
- Collaborate with Sales Excellence, Corporate Systems and Marketing to create and deliver training programs including onboarding, new software solutions, new sales organization processes and significant enhancements to existing software tools.
- Lead successful new technology deployments: define success, establish metrics, develop, prepare and deliver programs, track & measure progress and then iterate to improve ongoing enablement. Where appropriate, identify change management needs and lead those efforts.
- Evaluate new technology solutions to facilitate enablement and adoption.
- Advocate for sales and customer success learner needs for continuous development.
- Collaborate with sellers, client advisors and customer success managers on account management, providing expertise where technology may identify gaps in the sales process. Offer consultation where appropriate.
- Drive overall technology adoption as a key metric for success.
- Collaborate with Sales Excellence and Sales Management to ensure consistent messaging to client facing teams and to promote the proper use and adoption of technology.
- Collect, interpret and analyze data and report on training program effectiveness. Adjust programs as needed.
- Identify ways to automate and/or streamline manual processes; partner with other internal teams to optimize cross-functional workflows.
- Collaborate with Sales Excellence and Corporate Systems on new technology updates, process updates, etc. to provide guidance of downstream impacts to users.
- Be resourceful to learn and master technologies that support Morningstar Sales and Customer Success.
- Partner with technology vendors to maintain ongoing relationships and to maximize platform functionality.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 5+ years professional experience; technology enablement and training, sales training and development, financial services, technology sales, technology support, sales experience preferred.
- Proven experience in a training role with the ability to manage the full training cycle.
- A desire to work directly with individuals and in team environments.
- Proven experience working directly with leadership and key stakeholders
- Strong client focus and ability to quickly and effectively build and sustain relationships to establish trust.
- Experience using Salesforce or a similar Client Relationship Management system for a large enterprise (500+) organization is a requirement.
- Experience leveraging digital adoption platform learning capabilities like WalkMe or Salesforce In-App guidance is preferred.
- Effective presentation skills to groups of all levels via virtual classroom and in person.
- Excellent interpersonal skills across all levels in the organization.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects/priorities.
- Strong skills in MS Office, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio/Flow Chart applications and the ability to learn additional programs as needed. Experience using Salesforce, Tableau, Gong, CPQ Eloqua and Engage preferred but not required.
Morningstar employees are required to be fully vaccinated or submit to regular testing to work in any office. Morningstar's vaccine policy may be modified to comply with evolving legal requirements and other changing circumstances.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity