Sales Engineer - Business Development
Take your career to new heights working with an amazing company doing next level work in the FinTech industry.
Since 2012, Avant has connected customers to over $5 billion through 800,000 transactions and counting. In 2015, Avant leveraged our expertise and developed Amount as a new solution for banks who wanted to go digital in months instead of years. As an industry-leading technology company, Amount has grown rapidly with customers who collectively manage close to $1T in US assets and are servicing more than 25 million customers. To better align each company for future success Amount and Avant have made the decision to separate, becoming independently operating companies in order to focus each on their long term growth and goals.
Come join an organization with visionary leadership and FinTech disruptors as we continue to reinvent and innovate the consumer lending industry with groundbreaking and savvy solutions!
The Business Development Sales Engineer is responsible for driving partnership growth for Amount, Avant’s business-to-business technology platform that enables financial institutions to provide enhanced digital experiences for their customers. Reporting to the Head of Sales Operations, the primary focus of the role will be to work in tandem with the Business Development Team, Product and Technology to demonstrate customized environments to help address prospect scenarios during the sales process. We are looking for a high energy individual who has a strong work ethic and the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with internal departments (including legal, compliance, product, technology and operations) as well as external partners. In this role, you will actively drive growth by helping prospects better understand our products and progressing the relationship to signed term sheets.
What you do at Amount:
- Work in tandem with the Business Development Team, Product, and Professional Services to create a comprehensive list of configurable and customizable components for the current and future products
- Lead prospect specific inquiries/scoping projects around implementation, technical configuration, security, and/or data integration
- Become the lead technical expert for pre-contract sales calls with prospects
- Coordinate with legal teams in drafting and negotiating contracts and SLA’s
- Respond to RFPs/RFIs
- Perform detailed analysis of technical requirements and seamlessly transition requirements to the implementation team
- Update prospect information in Salesforce.com
- Run point on other ad hoc projects as needed
Why you are a fit for Amount:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years of product management, banking industry, consulting, sales or analytical related role
- 6 months of experience in engineering or comparable role
- Business development, sales and / or banking experience is a plus
- Ability to handle and execute on complex projects in a fast-paced environment with minimum supervision and successfully meet established deadlines
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An inquisitive mindset and an openness to do things differently and more efficiently
- Strong experience in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Willingness to travel up to 40%
Why Amount is a fit for you:
- We have a thriving culture and possess an entrepreneurial spirit
- We value, support, and help each other grow
- We are ready to hustle and get sh!t done
- We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
- We offer the flexibility needed to thrive in a new and growing company
Benefits and Perks:
- Take the time you need when you need it through our Flexible PTO policy.
- Looking for parental leave? We offer 6 weeks of paid parental leave.
- Enjoy a lunch subsidy, healthy snacks, and our Coca-Cola Freestyle machine!
- We offer medical, dental, and vision benefits plus an Employee Assistance Program.
- Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance are options too.
- Commuter benefits and 401k are also part of the package!
Read Full Job Description