Sales Engineer - Video at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewMotorola Solutions (NYSE: MSI) is a global leader in mission-critical communications and analytics. Our technology platforms in mission-critical communications, command center software and video security & analytics, bolstered by managed & support services, make cities safer and help communities and businesses thrive. At Motorola Solutions, we are ushering in a new era in public safety and security.
Recently Motorola Solutions has expanded our Video portfolio. It is this portfolio that will house the latest and greatest technologies associated with AI-powered solutions for video security, access control and mission-critical communications.
The Sales Engineer - Video will be responsible but not limited to the following:
- Effectively disseminate product knowledge by providing thorough training to Sales Team, Manufacturing Representatives, Integrators, and End-Users
- Articulate the technology and demonstrate differentiated value propositions to both business and technical prospects
- Conduct compelling product demonstrations and lead technical discussions
- Support Sales Team in responding to RFP’s and designing, specifying, and quoting systems
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with customers and partners
- Extensive travel to provide on-site support for integration, troubleshooting, and training
- Collaborate with the Technical Support team in providing post-sales support to customers
- Manage demo equipment assets
- Close support to Sales teams in achieving sales targets
- Be proactive in the entire sales cycle, assisting in the identification of stakeholders; identifying potential risks in the engagement and proposing mitigating actions
- Perform related duties as assigned
- 4+ years experience in Sales, Engineering or Presales experience
- Strong understanding of the video surveillance market
- Self-motivated and focused individual with a passion for technology and an aptitude for customer satisfaction
- Prior surveillance industry experience is preferred
- Microsoft or Cisco certifications is desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent presentation skills. Possesses strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Has a pleasant, friendly style of verbal and written communication
- Intimate knowledge and experience with Windows troubleshooting tools and techniques.
- Excellent knowledge of networking principles and IP communication.
- Experience with computer hardware configuration and troubleshooting.
- Experience with network equipment configuration and troubleshooting.
The Sales Engineer, Video shall have the responsibility to cover the following territory:
- Gulf States – Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana & Florida Panhandle
- 4+ years experience in one of the following, Sales, Engineering, Video or Surveillance
Travel RequirementsOver 50%
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.