For 20+ years, our mission has been to increase the presence and accessibility of natural and organic products to encourage healthier and more vibrant living. By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products. At the core of our work lies a passion to create a culture of sustainable health & wellness.
By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products.
We are searching for an individual that has experience in the Natural, Organic, Health & Wellness industry and will enable provide valuable insights and solutions to drive sales.
WHAT DO WE NEED?
The Sales Executive individual contributes to SPINS overall growth and profitability. This experienced, successful deal closer is responsible for driving revenue growth by identifying, building, managing and growing existing & strategic client relationships in our Emerging Brands vertical.
The hands-on role requires a strong focus on positioning SPINS Solution Suites – data subscriptions, consulting services, and digital solutions. The ideal Sales Executive will help to accelerate SPINS products & services, secure contract renewals, as well as cultivate new business development. This role will close transactions with clients based on a core set of SPINS solutions, and then harness and coordinate the full value of SPINS to maximize client impact and revenue.
SPINS maintains relationships with many clients, but is looking to add another experienced sales person based on significant growth to date among Emerging Brands. The position is located in the Chicago area, reports to the Vice President of Sales, while directly partnering with the SPINS Services & Support Team, and will require approximately 25% travel.
WE'LL BE COUNTING ON YOU FOR...
The Sales Executive will be responsible for achieving quarterly and annual sales targets of delivered revenue, building SPINS' business within Small to Mid-Market vertical, and advancing SPINS business and relationships with clients. Key responsibilities include:
- Identify, prospect, cultivate and grow base of Emerging Brands Clients.
- Exceed defined sales goals through account planning, networking and use of company resources
- Maximize SPINS revenue and profitability potential by up-selling new revenue, raising awareness of SPINS broader portfolio of solutions and ensuring client satisfaction
- Participate in trade shows, kick-off meetings, major milestone meetings and other opportunistic events where senior decisions makes are present
- Maintain thorough understanding of SPINS solutions and tailor presentations & solutions to meet the needs of different types of businesses
- Assist top clients in developing the business case and value proposition for proposed solutions
- Partner within SPINS to define the optimal performance measurements and management priorities and identify opportunities for new sales
- Champion change to remain aligned with SPINS vision, goals, the industry, market and client needs
- Contribute to the growth, development, and positive experience of the SPINS Sales team
YOU PROBABLY HAVE...
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field; MBA or equivalent preferred
- 1-3+ years of software solutions sales experience including: data marketing, analytics, SaaS, digital or related technology space; start-up experience preferred
- Experience selling solutions into CPG, Food Retailers, or Food Manufacturers is a plus
- Strong foundation for strategic and tactical selling of a solution
- Ability to develop strong C-Suite level relationships
- Highly evolved presentation and negotiation skills
- Motivated to advance growth in an entrepreneurial, rapidly growing company environment
- Accomplished change agent who demonstrates flexibility, resilience to setback and is able to drive operating and culture change, and long term vision to maintain course within constantly changing environment
- Sound administrative skills and highly evolved people management skills
- Able to establish credibility with key executives while driving the priorities of the organization
- Effective when communicating with technical and non-technical individuals to drive understanding and inspire creativity
- Superior organizational and project management skills
- Keen ability to understand the customer requirements and offer solutions
- Strategic critical thinker with strong business management and development abilities
- Inherently savvy and skilled at leveraging business relationships
- Adept at learning new technologies and business functions
What SPINS Offers
When we began working remotely a year ago due to COVID, we committed to keeping our healthy and active SPINS culture. This remained a high priority for us as we grew our employee population by nearly 20% while we worked remotely. We listen to employee feedback as we plan when and how we will return to the office in the future. For now, we can’t have some of our favorite in-office perks (plenty of snacks, onsite gym, and bike storage), we’ve continued to find ways to stay true to SPINS:
- Virtual yoga, HIIT, and Kinstretch classes each week
- Each employee is allotted paid time to use to volunteer with an organization of their choice and charitable donations are matched.
- Stay connected with other SPINS employees for a weekly PELOTON ride together
- CEO Connect, a monthly informal small group Q&A session with our top leader
- Direct – We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined – We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate – We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative – We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.