Sales Operations Lead at Echo Global Logistics
Echo Global Logistics is a leading provider of technology-enabled transportation management services. As a third-party logistics provider, we simplify transportation management for our clients and carriers, handling crucial tasks so they can focus on what they do best. From coast to coast, dock to dock, and across all major transportation modes, Echo connects businesses that need to ship their products with carriers who transport goods quickly, securely, and cost-effectively.
In addition to the daily responsibilities of an Account Executive, the Operations Lead will be the liaison between the Operations Manager and members of his or her team. As the point person on the team, the Operation Lead is expected to support any needs up until escalation to the Operations Manager.
Essential Job Functions: Team Leadership & Development
- "Go to" person between your operations team of Account Executives and the Operations Manager
- Continue to develop client relationships and penetrate/grow/retain accounts
- Exception management escalation from Account Executives
- Use internal reporting tools to analyze Echo's performance and proactively address areas for concern
- Manage the operational development for multiple Account Executives which include, but are not limited to:
- ADR assistance escalation
- Assist with LMO's under $1,000
- Clutch support
- General accounting for team
- Insurance/Credit requests
- Load acceptance
- TMS systems
- Market intelligence
- Spot quoting
- Updates and reporting
- Proactive and over communication
- Case management
- Work closely with bothsalesmanager and operation manager on team objectives.
- Cultivate talent through mentoring teammateson a daily basis,in particular whenit pertains to problem solving, business development and customer communication skills.
- Promote a cross-trained environment to ensure 100% account coverage
- Meet with Operations Manager on a weekly cadence to drive team goals/objectives
- Communicate team's performance through daily/weekly KPI's
- 2+ years' Echo experience
- Proven leader
- Proficient across all modes that Echo offers
- Eagerly accepting of new challenges, and self-managed and motivated
- Proven ability to become trusted advisor of the Client
- Confidence to make tough decisions when necessary
- Proven track record for continuous improvement
Work environment/physical demands summary:
This job operates in an office environment and uses a computer, telephone and other office equipment as needed to perform duties. The noise level in the work environment is typical of that of an office with an open seating floor plan. The employee may encounter frequent interruptions throughout the work day. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.