Sales Readiness Specialist at Sprout Social
Sprout Social is looking for a Sales Readiness Specialist to join our Marketing team. Our Sales Readiness team is responsible for making sure our sales and success teams are equipped with the proper product and industry knowledge to make meaningful connections with prospects and customers.
In this role, you will have exposure to many parts of the organization and the opportunity to interact with a variety of teams. You will be responsible for writing internal and external sales content that communicates how our product and technology solves problems for our customers. You will distill complex technology into value-driven positioning. You will provide competitive intelligence insights to Product, Sales and Success, keeping all our teams informed of what’s happening in the market and with our competition. You will help conduct win/loss analysis on a quarterly basis to ensure Sprout remains an industry leader in social and beyond.
The candidate we seek has in-depth knowledge of the B2B SaaS industry. You have a background in qualitative data analysis and can identify trends and themes in sales data. You are a confident writer and have a strong understanding of writing mechanics and critical thinking. You aren’t afraid of speaking in public and leading our sales and marketing team in trainings. You understand how consumers use social platforms and how businesses use those platforms to reach their consumers. Ideally, you have experience with Salesforce and can comfortably navigate the platform. Finally, you are comfortable crafting concise points-of-view on industry and company changes and can clearly articulate those to many parties.
Our marketing team has helped us reach 20,000 customers worldwide including Evernote, GrubHub, Subaru and Edelman. These businesses rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media. The work you deliver will help elevate Sprout as a market leader.
- 2-4 years experience in sales, marketing or related field
- Strong writing mechanics
- Exceptional organization, presentation, and communication skills
- Experience with analyzing sales performance data
Within 1 month, you will...
- Attend 2 weeks of Sprout Social training to learn the ins and outs of the product and better understand the value that Sprout delivers to our customers.
- Meet with key stakeholders across Sales, Success, Marketing and Product and understand current working relationship.
- Familiarize yourself with Sprout’s brand, values and processes
- Begin to learn about Sprout’s broader competitive marketplace
- Review relevant sales collateral to understand Sprout’s core differentiators
Within 3 months, you will…
- Support drafting sales collateral requests
- Develop a firm understanding of Sprout’s four primary competitors and general understanding of secondary competitors
- Review Salesforce sales data for competitive wins and losses
- Assist in competitive trainings for our sales organization
Within 6 months, you will...
- Begin reviewing and drafting RFP responses for Sprout prospects
- Maintain an up-to-date repository of existing content that reflects product and offering changes
- Serve as an ongoing resource to sales teams looking for help with competitors in active sales deals
Within 12 months, you will...
- Lead monthly mini-trainings on Sprout competitors
- Manage the accuracy and completeness of Sprout’s Competitive Hub
- Help plan long-term content strategies for sales and success
- Support ongoing quantitative and qualitative win-loss analysis
- Surprise us! Use your unique ideas and abilities to change Sprout in beneficial ways that we haven’t even considered yet.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!