This role is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to be part of Sustainalytics’ growth story, focusing on the North America market. We are looking for an experienced business development professional to take the lead on key opportunities. This is an exciting opportunity to collaborate across all areas of Sustainalytics and Morningstar, and to work with the Client Relations team globally to grow our market presence. Your clear understanding of our clients and prospects and their business drivers will be the key to success. This role has a strong emphasis on relationship development with clients and prospects. You will be an ambassador for Sustainalytics from early on.
We expect you to have strong communication skills and a can-do attitude. Your clear understanding of Sustainalytics’ research, our clients and their business drivers will be key to success.
• Play a key role in developing and implementing the US business development strategy;
• Grow and maintain a robust sales pipeline by:
o Taking ownership of and successfully closing incoming opportunities
o Responding to requests for proposals
o Identifying and developing new opportunities and markets
• Act as a trusted advisor to institutional investors on how to apply ESG integration strategies and incorporate our products and services;
• Work with other departments (Client Advisors, Legal, Data Services, etc.) to ensure that all client requests / expectations are met;
• Collaborate with and support the global Client Relations team;
• Stay on top of market developments, identify and share product innovation opportunities;
• Build, maintain and extend professional networks;
• Further develop ESG and investment industry knowledge.
We work daily with colleagues in other North American offices, as well as Europe and Asia. The desire to work very closely with a diverse team from many different cultures is critical to working at Sustainalytics.
The ideal candidate needs to be an ambitious team player who can both succeed individually, as well as reaching goals through close collaboration with other team members. The ideal candidate will have:
• 4-8 years in the investment industry;
• Degree in related discipline (business, economics, finance, environment and/or social sciences);
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of financial services (buy-side) and ESG;
• A proven track record in selling to / working with senior executives on the buy side;
• A natural storyteller, you can understand and present complex products in an engaging way;
• Ability to take the initiative and think creatively and proactively;
• Genuine team player, who operates with a high level of integrity and enjoys working collaboratively;
• Alignment with Sustainalytics’ mission vision and values.
Sustainalytics has been a leading independent provider of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) research for the last 25 years. Our insights are used by clients to make better informed investment decisions, engage with companies in relation to their business activities and drive change.
Sustainalytics is a growing organization with 800 employees and 17 offices globally. We have a flexible and supportive working culture and empower our employees to progress and develop quickly in an entrepreneurial environment.