Senior Customer Success Manager, Market Data Products at Morningstar
Morningstar’s products transform our high-quality data, independent research, and technological expertise into well-designed tools that delight our clients. The product management, product development, and service teams collaborate with our Customer Success group to help provide clients with relevant products and bundled solutions.
Morningstar is seeking a Senior Customer Success Manager for our Enterprise group focusing on Morningstar’s global Market Data business incorporating data feeds and software solutions for Morningstar’s Market Data business in The Americas. Morningstar’s Market Data feeds deliver fast, reliable data from all major exchanges and index providers worldwide, as well as foreign exchange and treasury markets. In this role, you will provide world-class support and service to our institutional Market Data clients by understanding how our clients use our solutions to drive their business and by assisting the sales team in identifying new business opportunities. This role is based in Chicago.
• Serving as a single point of contact for post-sales services and ongoing relationship support for assigned clients/client contacts.
• Conducting regular business reviews with clients to provide updates on value-add activities from Morningstar and to ensure alignment between Morningstar’s Success Plan and the client’s priorities.
• Ensuring the entire account team (sales, other CSMs supporting the account, project managers, and product managers) is aware of sensitive client information that impacts the overall relationship.
• Acting as a product consultant, answering a variety of product-related questions, or collaborating with other internal resources as necessary to resolve questions and communicate to the client.
• Support sales as needed with potential opportunities, identify upsell and cross-sell opportunities through regular client interactions and relationship building activities.
• Acting as the point of escalation for the account (globally where applicable) and coordinating both internally as well as with the client to resolve escalated issues.
• Collaborating with product managers, technical managers, and pre-sales engineers to ensure the voice of the customer and client satisfaction expectations are being appropriately represented in product roadmap decisions.
• A deep customer service focus, strong attention to detail, and ability to excel in a fast-paced environment.
• Proactive, strategic, and creative thinker with a collaborative approach to problem-solving and project management
• Possess a minimum of 7 years of customer service, training, or sales experience.
• A quantitative aptitude, and a proven ability to build long-term client relationships.
• Excellent communication skills, and the ability to present to clients with sophisticated investment knowledge and business experience.
• Working knowledge of licensed market data content.
• Some travel within the US and Canada is required.
• A bachelor’s degree.