Senior Director, Business Development - Consumer Products at Fast Radius (Chicago, IL or Remote)
| Chicago | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:58 a.m. (CST) on Friday, March 11, 2022
What we're looking for: The Director of Business Development will play a fundamental role in helping Fast Radius achieve its ambitious strategic customer acquisition and mid-to-long term revenue growth plans. This candidate must be knowledgeable of manufacturing technologies, strategy and overall market within the space. Prior connections across the consumer products industry is a must. This individual must also be comfortable working cross functionally across the business to communicate strategy to grow enterprise customer relationships. Additionally, this individual must be able to work to support other sale team members and provide guidance, coaching and strategy to help the overall business grow within their specific area of expertise.
About the Role:
- Responsible for building partnerships that will lead to long-term enterprise value in the consumer products space
- Set and execute an aggressive client acquisition strategy across the consumer products and related market space
- Grow and maintain strategic customer relationships
- Provide support and consumer products expertise to wider sales team to magnify impact
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting
- Work with legal counsel to navigate complex contracting arrangements including long term agreements with consumer products customers
- Responsible for framing the big picture, projecting where Fast
- Radius is headed, and to sell a vision of collaboration and long-term partnership that can be translated into meaningful steps toward a
- significant revenue generating relationship with each prospective customer in the consumer products space
- Deep connections across a broad segment of the consumer products space, with customers producing physical products
- Understanding of the nuisances of the consumer products manufacturing space and what customers are looking forward in a production partner
- Strong track record of developing and retaining highly complex enterprise clients
- Track record of driving innovation internally and across their customer base
- Ability to learn quickly and be agile to handle multiple (10 - 20), distinct clients
- Proven success working within a matrix organization and ability to establish strong relationships across all functions.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to define offerings, market capabilities, and forge new manufacturing partnerships through innovative approaches
- Strong operational and analytical abilities
- Strategic enterprise sales experience and revenue achievement selling multiple technical product offerings within manufacturing
- Ability to continually think broadly and outside the box to find new ways to create value
- 10+ years in the consumer products sector with deep experience managing OEM relationships and working client development in the manufacturing space
- Bachelor’s degree a must, MBA preferred.
Who we are: We believe manufacturing is important not only for what it makes but for what it makes possible for the world. Our first-of-its-kind Cloud Manufacturing Platform™ represents a new, more sustainable infrastructure to design, make, and move physical goods in the digital age. Working with companies across a variety of industries – from growing startups to Fortune 500 companies – Fast Radius helps customers with all stages of the manufacturing process from new product development to ongoing part production. We have recently announced our intent to become a publicly listed company as the next step in scaling our vision for the future of design, manufacturing, and logistics. Every day you can expect to work in an inclusive environment that makes excellence possible, where great work and ideas matter more than seniority. We believe in experimenting fearlessly and learning from our failures—quickly. Our leaders have grown successful companies before, and they understand that businesses thrive when capable people have the freedom to solve problems without constraints.
What we offer: We want you to come to work happy, healthy, and balanced so you can expect excellent benefits:
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- Comprehensive health care including dental and vision
- Generous vacation policy as well as a 401K plan
Fast Radius is proud to be an equal opportunity employer because diverse perspectives make for better products, better processes, and a better company. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, Veteran status, or other protected status.
Fast Radius currently is unable to sponsor or transfer visas.
We are currently able to hire residents in the following states: AL, AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, MA, MD, MI, MN, NH, NJ, NY, NC, OH, OR, TN, TX, WA, WV, WI
Read Full Job Description