WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, hundreds of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 3 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Cross-Channel Campaign Management (Independent Platforms), Q3 2021, and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for the fourth consecutive year. The company has also been selected as one of Fortune’s Best Workplace for Millennials in 2021, and was ranked #20 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplaces in 2021. Braze is certified as a Great Place to Work in the UK and the U.S. and is recognized as one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Women.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
As the Senior Manager of Customer Success in the Global SMB Department, you will be responsible for managing a global team of CSMs. As one of the first leadership hires in our new Global SMB Department, you will have the opportunity to shape how we support our customers as we build a new tech touch strategy for the future.
- Manage a global Customer Success team, including recruiting and hiring, developing staff talent, maximizing performance, and maintaining a collaborative, results-oriented culture. Guide and coach your team as they navigate customer interactions.
- Be responsible for your team achieving their objectives, which include increasing platform adoption, maintaining strong customer retention, and driving customer expansion and advocacy.
- Partner with Sales and Account Management leadership to foster alignment and deliver positive commercial outcomes. Analyze your team’s book of business identifying and mitigating risks and finding opportunities for expansion.
- Ensure customers are empowered to use Braze’s platform and powerful features as independently and efficiently as possible. Build strong relationships with customers’ executive stakeholders and ensure feedback alignment occurs with Product Management.
- Strategically drive forward important internal projects to build new processes and improve the customer experience. Help develop tech touch and one-to-many services for our customers. Align with other leaders at the company to maximize the efficacy and adoption of these initiatives.
Please note that you may be asked by your line manager to handle other reasonable responsibilities commensurate with the role in addition to what’s listed in this job description.
WHO YOU ARE:
You are an experienced Customer Success (or related) leader who inspires team members to grow in their careers, develop new skills, and ultimately meet their goals. You understand how to achieve the right outcomes for your people, your customers, and the business.
- You have exemplary written and verbal communication skills coupled with unparalleled follow up skills. You align well with other cross-functional leaders to drive progress on important initiatives.
- You are known for being a team player who inspires the best work from your peers and your team. You have excellent coaching skills and a proven track record of developing talent.
- You have a high level of intellectual curiosity. You are interested in building new services for the business while learning a technical and complex product.
- You have significant project management experience. You have excellent organizational skills and follow through on tasks.
- You have technical domain knowledge of two or more of the following: SaaS, Mobile, APIs, Marketing Automation, Direct Marketing, Analytics or Programming (HTML etc).
- 5+ years relevant experience in a related area for example, Customer Success, Consulting, Account Management, or Mobile Marketing.
- 3+ years experience managing or mentoring high-performing individual contributors.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.