Senior Sales Director, Money Manager & Data
The Group: Morningstar, Inc., a leading global provider of independent investment research, is looking for an innovative player/coach to serve as the lead of Morningstar’s Index market data business. The Index business is responsible for the creation and distribution of Morningstar’s Index Intellectual Property. The group develops new, innovative indexes for use by asset managers and asset owners in serving their clients investment needs.
The Role: Morningstar's Indexes Team seeks a highly motivated Senior Sales Director focused on aggressively growing a book of assigned clients and prospects in the Asset Manager, Market Maker, Hedge Fund and Bank/Broker Dealer client segments. You will represent Morningstar’s suite of Index data products and will work with Generalist Sales on opportunities for Index Market Data solutions. Because this role covers opportunities globally, it will require approximately 25-50% travel. This position will be based in New York or Chicago.
- Exceed revenue targets.
- Uncover client business needs and work with Index Client Services and Product teams to determine optimal solutions.
- Master product demonstrations and knowledge of product capabilities and benefits.
- Forecast and proactively uncover sales opportunities with clients and prospects.
- Establish and build key client relationships.
- Implement account strategies by building relationships with internal and external groups, including product, marketing, customer success, and cross-Morningstar teams.
- With anticipated growth in this client segment, build a team of money manager data sales specialists.
- Document daily activities in the CRM system.
- At least ten (10) years of sales and account management experience in the investment index industry.
- Proven track record of exceeding prior annual sales targets.
- Prior experience in a hunter role.
- Ability to build long-term client relationships with executive and senior leadership within an assigned book of business through a hands-on, organized approach.
- Strong leadership, long-range strategic planning, time-management skills and the ability to build a strong team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities and the ability to deliver professional and persuasive presentations.
- Ability to understand complex investment concepts.
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA or CFA a plus.