Solution Architect, Commercial at Civis Analytics
What we do
At Civis, we take a science-first approach to solving problems. With a blend of proprietary technology and statistical advisory services, we help public and private sector organizations find, understand and connect with the people they care about, so they can stop guessing and start using mathematical proof to guide decisions. We know others use “data science” and “analytics” as buzzwords, but at Civis we don’t stand for fluff, and we will always deliver scalable products and technologies — not PowerPoints — to drive your business forward. Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
Our mission is to bring objective, data-driven truth to organizational decision-making – all the way from the boardroom to the world’s largest social causes.
What we are looking for
The Solution Architecture team implements, configures and manages the delivery of Civis Analytics’ data science software to ensure successful user adoption and high organizational impact. They also support software sales, leading demos, POCs, and scoping complex software deliveries as a part of ‘team sport’ sales business development efforts.
As a part of this team, we are looking for a Solution Architect who will be responsible for guiding our clients through successful delivery and onboarding of leading data science software solutions. The Solution Architect specializes in partnering with new clients to solve their toughest problems through our software - taking them from novices to power users.
- Become an expert in the implementation and application of Civis data science software solutions.
- Work with clients to deeply understand their workflows, their biggest pain points, and develop an understanding of how Civis solutions can solve key challenges they are facing to accomplish their goals.
- Partner with Business Development to align prospective clients with the best Civis solutions to meet their business needs.
- Communicate and manage project scope and timelines to clients for delivering software to solve these challenges.
- Configure Civis data science software solutions for our clients in partnership with a diverse team of Civis Client Success Analysts, Applied Data Scientists, and/or Data Engineers.
- Manage client solution onboardings and lead training sessions on Civis solutions to ensure our clients are able to accomplish their goals through our software.
- Use your experiences on the front lines to channel the voice of clients to Civis Product and Engineering teams and advocate for our clients to derive more value, more quickly from our solutions.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum 2 years experience in a software implementation role, and a proven track record of driving projects to successful completion, on time and on budget
- Experience coordinating a cross-functional project team
- Experience deriving value from data beyond Excel/spreadsheets
- US work authorization
- Experience setting up software integrations and or data/ETL workflows
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL, Python, or R - can troubleshoot and/or make customizations to existing code written by others
- Understanding of systems architecture and ability to execute against it
- Experience in software training
- Background in media planning or advertising
Who we are
At Civis, we have opportunities for applicants who are newcomers, seasoned professionals, and anywhere in between. Our teams are energized by complex challenges and value diversity of thought. Opportunities to stand out and inspire happen daily and we trust and encourage you to act on your ideas – no matter how big they are. We offer you the tools and community you need to do your best work. Each of us is committed to holding ourselves accountable for results, challenging the status quo and finding new ways to grow our company and each other.
Why join our team?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal and inclusive workplace.
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO, 401K match with immediate vesting, health, dental, and vision benefits, fully paid parental leave, breastfeeding support including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms, commuter benefits, wellness initiatives including weekly group meditations, monthly on-site massage therapy, and pet insurance.
- To support employees in our now fully remote work environment, we also have expanded our virtual journal and book clubs, Donut Pals (organized virtual coffee meet-ups), Lightning Talks (5-minute presentations on anything you’d like), Lunch-and-Learns, and HR Open Discussions (bi-weekly meet-up where we discuss ideas and topics of the day in a casual format). We are also able to support and accommodate flexible work from home schedules to help employees juggle responsibilities at home.
Civis Analytics embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact [email protected]
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
EEO IS THE LAW