Solution Architect at JPMorgan Chase
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. The Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Wholesale Payments is a Line of Business within the CIB. As examples of our size, complexity and criticality to the global financial system, we process more than 106 million transactions worth $6 trillion daily; process payments in more than 120 currencies and receive payments in more than 40 countries and 80% of Fortune 500 does business with us.
The Engineering & Architecture function is a small central team that operates horizontally across the 5,000+ technologists delivering business solutions in the Wholesale Payments Technology organization. We have responsibility for setting standards, policies and driving the documentation and adoption of pragmatic architectural patterns as we establish consistency and optimized technical outcomes in support of our aggressive business goals.
We operate principally across six main domains: Enterprise architecture, information architecture, technical architecture, infrastructure architecture, security architecture and engineering. With the group of highly technical SMEs in E&A, we have a very strong matrix alignment across each of the domains throughout the Wholesale Payments Technology organization to inform and agree the output from E&A to ensure appropriateness and to facilitate localized help in driving adherence and identification of agreed exceptions.
Working within the Enterprise Architecture domain as a Solution Architect you will:
- Collaborate with Corporate Banking Technology and their technology teams
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of the WP enterprise architecture strategy
- Embrace a culture of inclusive decision making with proactive and thoughtful engagement between the CBT organization and Wholesale Payments Engineering & Architecture
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Expertise in application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Fluency in architecture and design across all systems
- Knowledge in at least one area of technical architecture
- Strategic thinking and passion for business strategy and business processes
- Experience in risk and risk control compliance
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
- Significant amount of working experience in financial services technology
- Experience in Treasury Services, Global Transaction Banking or spefically the Payments domain, as a technologist supporting the business, would be a distinct advantage.
- Adept at working in globally diverse teams across different time zones and forging relationships with key business stakeholders and development teams
- Effective communication and presentation skills both to business and technical audience
- Excellent and proven analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to decompose a large problem into smaller executable pieces
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions that help the bank provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk, and extend liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.