Sr. Account Manager - NG911 (Midwest Region Remote)
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewThe Software Enterprise Sales team is a group within Motorola Solutions, Inc. that provides industry leading, next generation Citizen Engagement, 9-1-1 Call Taking, Computer Aided Dispatch, Records Management, Jail Management, Public Service 311, and analytics software applications to the Public Safety and Public Service markets. No other company has the breadth and depth of technology and experience to deliver end to end public safety applications and mission critical voice and data communications systems.
The Sr. Account Manager (NG911) will be responsible for 911 Call Handling sales within a designated territory (multiple states in Midwest). This role will be responsible but not limited to the following:
• Responsible for sales, strategic account planning and overall relationship management for a number of “target” customers or a specific geographic territory
• Develop and implement a comprehensive sales plan for each “target” account and or geography and their buying centers covering the full portfolio of Motorola Solutions 911 call handling products
• Responsible for both CallWorks and Vesta products - direct and channel engagement
• Work well with the other software enterprise sales teams in order to drive cross selling
• Assemble and coordinate a diverse team of internal & external sales resources to assess customer’s needs and address their requirements
• Act as a trusted advisor to influence customer’s technology platform decisions and develop preference and loyalty for Motorola Solutions
• Proactively develop large project opportunities encompassing a wide range of products and services
• Engage and lead channel partners in selling Motorola products and services to customers buying centers where appropriate
• Develop strong relationships with key decision makers and influencers within and outside of public safety to influence technology and funding priorities
• Proactively engage Motorola executive sponsors to build a strategic relationship to position long term opportunities for Motorola
• Bachelors Degree is preferred. Basic knowledge of Motorola Smart Public Safety Solutions - Command & Control Applications Solutions a plus
• 4+ years of experience of sales experience. Outside sales experience selling solutions into government organizations is desired
• Knowledge of NG911, Networking, CAD/RMS, Mobile Data system, solutions and market places
• Experience selling software solutions
• Proven track record of making or exceeding assigned sales goals
• Knowledge and experience with CRM systems, specifically Saleforce.com
• Experience with Miller-Heiman sales methodology a plus
• Ability to quickly learn new key characteristics of products/solutions and communicate the value of those solutions to customers
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Highly motivated and results oriented
Bachelors Degree with 4+ years of sales/public safety experience OR 8+ years of sales/public safety experience
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.