Sr Manager - Solution Architect at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewThe Software Enterprise Deployment and Integration team is the team that delivers solutions to the public safety sector. We are committed to providing technology and tools which will allow customers to focus on their mission, and enable them to respond faster with smarter and safer decisions. We deploy and support products such as Computer Aided Dispatch, Records Management Systems, Jail Management Systems and Mobile Data Computing, among other offerings.
The Solutions Architect Senior Manager reports to the Regional Software Services Director and is responsible for all Solutions Architect project delivery activities within the region. The Manager leads the team by providing guidance, mentoring, training and supporting team members. The Manager should have a strong technical background and experience leading technology delivery and/or support teams. The manager should be a stellar communicator who is able to speak with ease to both technical resources and customers using appropriate, understandable terms.
The Manager sets goals, completes performance reviews, schedules resources, monitors day-to-day team member activities, plans training and development activity for team members, approves time entry and expense reports and performs other typical management activities. The manager is responsible for implementing strategic initiatives and should have a passion for continuous improvement and operational efficiency.
- Set goals and measure team members’ goals
- Provide training, coaching and mentoring of team members
- Recruit and train additional team members to meet business needs
- Ensure high utilization of resources and make appropriate adjustments
- Collaborate with other resource managers on the team to plan, prioritize, and schedule project resources
- Act as the design authority for the Region.
- Participate in the development and approval of process and procedure
- Work with Solutions Architect Managers from the other Regions to ensure consistency, share best practices and implement lessons learned
- Drive process improvement and best practices across the Solutions Architect disciplines (infrastructure, interfaces, etc.).
- Work with Support, Engineering and Product Management teams to ensure training and development materials match current and future needs
- Participate in pre-contract evaluation of system designs and scope in order to evaluate and mitigate potential risks/gaps
- Participate in pre-contract oral presentations and customer negotiations
- Attend leadership and management training, as required
- Maintain subject matter expert skills
- Approve Travel and Expense reports
- Approve Time Sheets
Bachelor degree desired
7+ years experience in technology project deployment and integration and/or operations and administration
Experience in the design and implementation of complex systems, including integration with 3rd party products and services
Deep knowledge of Public Safety operating environments
Familiarity with Next Generation Public Safety trends and standards
Working knowledge and understanding of:
- Server Virtualization, specifically with VMWare ESXi v.6+ and\or Microsoft Hyper-V 2012+
- Database Servers, specifically with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2\2012\2016\2017
- Server Operating Systems, specifically Windows Server 2008 R2\2012\2012 R2\2016\2017
- MS SQL Server and Query Analyzer, MS Enterprise
- MS Windows Server and IP Networking (TCP/IP Protocols)
Must have previous experience managing a team of professionals
Experience leading highly complex projects
Experience leading and directing the work activities of teams across organizational/functional boundaries
Ability to apply critical thinking skills to make decisions, troubleshoot issues, identify mitigation strategies and exercise good judgment in selection of methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
Ability to work collaboratively with regional and territorial management
Ability to effectively communicate with relevant peer and senior stakeholders
This position is subject to working in high security areas governed by the US Department of Justice's "Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Security Policy" and therefore requires successfully passing a more stringent fingerprint background check administered by Motorola Solutions Inc. customers.
At least 7+ years experience in Public Safety Application deployment and integration and/or operations and administration
Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer.
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.