SR SOLUTION ARCHITECT at Caterpillar
Caterpillar is investing in our digital future, and we’re looking for a talented and motivated Solution Architecture to help build a world class platform to host a wide range of applications.
Our iconic products have evolved from mechanical work horses to highly sophisticated, and electronically-controlled worksite solutions. This transformation, along with our smart factories and our integrated dealer network, has a wealth of data ready to be leveraged by our customers and our dealers. We’re generating innovative solutions from millions of data points and hundreds of thousands of IoT connected assets.
JOB PURPOSE: The Solutions Architect will develop E2E Solutions architecture for broad range of CAT digital solutions covering integration with CAT internal systems and external partners. They will serve as a subject matter expert and as a trusted digital strategy advisor to technology and executive leadership.
- Lead Solution Architecture design of end to end digital systems that serves multiple business functions.
- Own and manage the architecture blueprint (logical architecture, data flow diagram, deployment architecture etc.) and successfully transition to engineering teams for delivery.
- Identify, develop, and manage reference architecture and design patterns for digital applications.
- New technology introduction – Identifying new disruptive technologies to provide business value at Caterpillar.
- Solution development – in partnership with System Architects and Engineers develop high level architecture and detail design for the solutions and features.
- Managing technical partnerships across Caterpillar internal teams and external partners and customers.
- Accelerator development – Create position papers, standards and patterns that can be leveraged by digital delivery organizations to speed up and improve the quality of solution designs. This includes education and stewardship of a matrix architect community embedded in digital delivery teams.
- Lead/Support design and implementation of complex integration patterns and data models for strategic business projects.
- Lead architecture governance activities (e.g. Architecture Review Board, Data Governance activities) and address stakeholder concerns.
- Identify functional gaps in proposed solutions and initiate technology evaluation when required.
- Lead/support efforts for Digital Technology and Application Rationalization.
- Ensure programs maintain an enterprise-wide view to support adoption of standards and practices and promote reuse.
- Must have a minimum Bachelor's degree, advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years of experience in information technology planning and operations, architecture design and deployment, information systems design and development, systems lifecycle management
- 5+ years of architecture experience working on complex enterprise systems
Top candidates will also have
- Strong demonstratable experience leading architecture development for enterprise scale systems in public cloud and hybrid eco-systems. Preferably AWS experience
- Strong understanding of public cloud technologies and best practices for implementing two or more from the following: massive real-time event and message processing, data lakes, Big Data transformations and analytics, complex e-commerce applications, IoT edge and cloud data processing, SQL and NoSQL data modeling
- Experience leading major IT strategy programs such as Portfolio Rationalization, Digital Transformations or Infrastructure Optimization (selling idea, attaining executive sponsorship, executing strategy development, successful transition for realization, etc.)
- Leadership experience in defining the operating model and organizational structure of a Digital Architecture organization
- Demonstrated excellent planning and organizational skills with an established track record of positively influencing change
- Excellent verbal and written communication as well as presentation skills
- Familiar with project management methodologies (Waterfall and Agile) and Enterprise Architecture tools