SVP Business Development – Commodities and Energy at Morningstar (Chicago, IL)
The Group: Morningstar Commodity Data, a wholly owned subsidiary of Morningstar, Inc., is a leading provider of data, analytics and research. Morningstar Commodity Data uses patented technology and data management solutions to provide its customers with actionable information primarily in the energy, commodities, and financial sectors. Our clients are among the world`s largest energy firms, utility companies, hedge funds, mutual funds, and banks.
The Role: The SVP of Business Development focus is to develop and expand the Commodity Energy and Data business across their territory and to meet and exceed assigned revenue targets. Your target clients include banks, utilities, hedge funds, oil companies. The chosen candidate will maintain strong client relationships, develop and cultivate a sales pipeline, and maintain a detailed account and contact information database. Candidates must be self-starters with strong communication, negotiation, organizational, and presentation skills.
This position may require up to 40% travel and is based in Chicago , Houston or London.
- Meet and exceed the sales target, which is based on new business from new clients and growing an existing base of business.
- Customize solutions to meet prospect needs using Morningstar Commodity Data product suite.
- Work closely with other sales professionals, product, development, implementation and client and sales support teams to ensure a world-class product offering for our clients.
- Take part in user forums and other activities with prospects and clients such as conferences and exhibitions.
- Pipeline management and sales reporting with a working knowledge of Salesforce CRM.
- Carry out product demo and training sessions to assigned accounts.
- Five to ten year’s of client-facing sales or service experience within energy trading, risk management, or for a data management provider.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to deliver professional and persuasive presentations.
- A proven record of sales success and cultivating long-term client relationships in a results driven environment
- Strong planning, organization, and time-management skills.
- Bachelor`s degree required.