SVP of Business Development at Supernova
SVP of Business Development:
Supernova is a fast-growing company providing SaaS solutions to financial institutions (Banks, Insurance, B/Ds, RIA etc.). We help investors achieve greater financial success through access to liquidity solutions such as Securities-based Lending (SBL). We seek a highly motivated Senior Vice President, Business Development focused on growing our largest and most strategic relationships. You will be an expert of Supernova’s suite of capabilities in wealth management lending and be a trusted advisor to our clients. Because this role covers opportunities across the U.S., it will require approximately 25-40% travel.
- Grow and manage sales pipeline through development of territory plan, major account planning, industry network opportunities or targeted marketing activities (through collaboration with marketing).
- Own total client life cycle management.
- create and maintain individual account plans for key accounts .
- be a thought leader and trusted advisor on how client can leverage Supernova’s capabilities to solve their challenges and be more successful.
- lead presentations and strategic discussions with key business stakeholders in scheduled meetings.
- develop key relationships at mid and senior levels with clients while understanding overall client needs and how our solution offerings fit to their overall goal and strategies.
- increase adoption of offered services within accounts, and build long-term partnerships within these accounts.
- renew existing business within each client account on a timely basisAct as client advocate, spearhead cross-functional initiatives focused on serving customer needs and ensure long-term success of our client partnerships.
- Support marketing events/activities with presentation, demo or other means (e.g. writing blogs, whitepapers etc.) on an as-needed basis.
- Provide diligent on-going updates in Salesforce and support other reporting and forecasting needs.
- Experience working with banks, broker-dealers, or other financial intermediaries (custodians, RIAs, TAMPs etc.)
- A proven track record of B2B SaaS sales success with a minimum of 7 years’ experience in sales or business development role
- Experience in selling lending solutions or Securities-based Lending is preferred
- Self starter with tremendous amount of curiosity and learning agility
- Outstanding relationship building and management skills
- Outstanding negotiation, communication, organization and presentation skills
- Ability to influence and collaborate well cross-functionally
- A bachelor’s degree required; MBA or other financial certification a plus.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation and benefit package
- Opportunity to influence and make broad impacts in a fast growing, innovative and dynamic company