At SMS Assist, we’re not just in the business of fixing properties—we’re fixing an entire industry. Typically, facilities maintenance is tough work—both in the nature of the job (plumbing, HVAC, snow removal) and the lack of clarity throughout the experience. Through our award-winning technology platform, built and powered by SMSers, we connect local contractors to our customers and help manage an experience that surpasses expectations.
Recognized on Forbes’ Cloud 100 list, Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, Chicago Crain’s Top Tech Employers, and more. We’re innovators, disruptors, and out-of-the-box thinkers. We’re passionate about the people we serve, and we give our all because we care. We want to make every property better, and we want your help to make it happen.
The primary focus of the Vendor Recruiter Representative is identifying prospective vendors, educating them on the benefits of working with SMS Assist, and integrating the vendor into the SMS Affiliate network on our residential team.
- Identify prospective vendors for SMS Assist; explain how SMS Assist can deliver value to their organization
- Develop familiarity with the vendors area of expertise, including but not limited to trade, geography, business size and areas of specialization
- Complete cold calls daily to establish relationships with vendors and gain leads
- Negotiate pricing and service terms while maintaining margin requirements
- Consistently meet program targets
- Partner with implementation team to ensure smooth transition into the SMS network
- Assess opportunities and risks with your territory; recommend resolutions to leadership
- Understand varying scopes of work of our clients and convey those requirements to vendors
- Foster a positive team environment
- Ensure confidentiality and accuracy of internal and external data
- Perform ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned
- Must be available to adjust work schedule during high peak periods when necessary
- Travel, as needed, to meet vendors and assess and identify opportunities of growth or improvement of processes (potential travel of 10%)
These are the professional skills we would expect from an individual fully established in this role.
- Customer Service – Proficient
- Verbal Communication – Advanced
- Written Communication – Proficient
- Teamwork – Proficient
- Relationships – Proficient
- Negotiation – Advanced
- Learning Agility – Proficient
- Problem Solving – Proficient
- Process Orientation – Proficient
- Prioritization – Proficient
Role Specific Skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft product skills - Excel, Word & Outlook
- Familiarity Salesforce, Sales Navigator, HubSpot, Zoom Info preferred
- Experience/ability to setup/lead meetings or plan remote business events preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience
Other Relevant Qualifications
- Experience in Facilities or Supply Chain a plus
- Industry trade knowledge: HVAC, electrical, plumbing, general maintenance etc
- 0-2 years of sales or sourcing experience preferred
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.