ActiveCampaign’s category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform helps over 130,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to hundreds of pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful orchestration, segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text. Over 70% of ActiveCampaign’s customers use its 300+ integrations including Shopify, Square, Facebook, Eventbrite, and Salesforce. ActiveCampaign scores higher in customer satisfaction than any other solution in both Marketing Automation and CRM All-In-One on G2.com.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. If this matches your goals and interests, we hope you consider joining our team!
As the fastest-growing SaaS company in Chicago, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 130,000 today to millions.
We are currently seeking a talented Business Development leader to fill the newly-created role of Vice President of Business Development for ActiveCampaign. This role is global in scope in that it sets overall strategy, direction and process for the Business Development function. Direct reports include business development (SR, SDR and BDR) leaders in the Americas. This role works closely with regional sales leadership outside the Americas. This is a highly-strategic role reporting into the SVP of Sales who has global new business revenue accountability. This role is also expected to provide direct leadership to high energy, high volume teams responsible for driving leads, qualifying opportunities, and passing opportunities to other internal sales teams.
What your day could consist of:
- Continuously elevate the Business Development function by providing strategic vision and plans
- Ensure overall business development sales goals, forecasting and headcount planning is aligned both functionally and globally
- Provide outstanding leadership to the business development organization and teams, through effective management of the leaders
- Lead and continuously develop multiple SR, SDR and BDR sales teams in the Americas
- Recommend or approve strategies, processes and tactics that will continuously drive overall performance
- Ensure teams are achieving their objectives of finding and qualifying opportunities to pass to the AE teams
- Maintain a business development culture that is productive, healthy and enjoyable
- Play a visible role externally, within the industry and wider SaaS community. Speak at events, drive recruitment and knowledge transfer
- Work effectively with regional sales leaders to ensure equitable global lead activity and performance
- Interact regularly and effectively with other customer-facing and go to market teams, ensuring optimal sales enablement and resources for the business development organization
What is needed:
- At least 5 years of experience leading multiple sales teams, including direct management of sales leaders in a business development capacity
- Proven success selling in a high growth SaaS environment
- Knowledge of the MarTech space preferred
- Prior experience selling to SMB’s is preferred
- Passion for sales and developing high performing teams
- Experience creating, managing or influencing a sales function globally is preferred
- Ability to maintain a high level of productivity, manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively in a fast-paced, complex, and collaborative environment
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We'll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and wellness benefits including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, open time off plan, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, lunch and endless snacks/ beverages, reimbursed commuting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, parental leave, career pathing and lots of swag.
Check out more information on our benefits & perks here.
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.
Our core values:
Start with trust
Make the customer a hero
Cultivate inclusion & diversity
Iterate everything, always
Pursue growth with gratitude
Visit here to learn about perks and benefits at ActiveCampaign and see our values in action.