VP of Sales
BenchPrep VP of Sales
Based in Chicago, BenchPrep is the leading provider of an advanced white label online learning platform and enables the world's leading education and training companies to deliver best-in-class digital learning programs. The company’s modern cloud-based platform is transforming the professional education space, with many of the largest credentialing bodies, associations, and training organizations in the world now delivering learning programs through BenchPrep. Customers include ACT, Becker Professional Education, AAMC, CFA Institute, CompTIA, GMAC, Institute for Supply Management, ASCM, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, NCBE, ProLiteracy, HR Certification Institute, Richardson Sales Training, Hobsons, McGraw Hill Education, OnCourse Learning, and Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. More than 4 million learners have used BenchPrep’s platform to attain academic and professional success. To discover more about BenchPrep, please visit www.benchprep.com.
BenchPrep is looking for an ambitious, metrics-driven sales leader who is seeking to scale a B2B sales organization and drive revenue. As the head of sales, you will advocate for your team while working to support our broader mission. You will own all aspects of revenue generation processes, go to market strategies and execution. You have a proven track record of success with defining the sales playbook, sales execution, recruiting, management and operations while exceeding growth expectations year over year
Duties and Responsibilities:
Managing & Coaching
- Manage all aspects of the sales effort including prospecting, opportunity qualification, contract negotiation and handoff to customer success
- Build and lead a high performing sales team via strategic guidance, industry insights, and sales training; while focusing on quantitative results
- Ensure the attainment of assigned sales quotas by leading the sales process, providing direction and recommendations to improve sales close ratios
- Coach and mentor a growing sales team by delegating responsibility, empowering decision making, and fostering collaborative communications
Sales Strategy & Operations
- Build a scalable, repeatable, and predictable revenue engine
- Develop the organizations go-to-market strategy. Lead the Sales organization in the acquisition of new customers and the retention of existing customers
- Establish performance metrics and utilize reporting tools to monitor the results of direct reports, while providing concise forecasting and reporting
- Develop annual business plans for key accounts across all sales channels, including pricing, comprehensive account plans, and forecasts
- Support the sales team in negotiating contract terms, manage deals to a successful closing, and ensure a smooth transition to the customer success team
- Maintain high level of pipeline, funnel and CRM discipline by including accurate forecasting around revenue; i.e. ensuring entire team records meeting activity, opportunity value and close/won dates, etc.
- Drive annual planning process across the sales organization, including business modeling, white space analysis, territory planning, compensation design, in close partnership with cross-functional leadership team.
- Maintain impeccable sales data quality in our CRM for tracking leads and opportunities, generating regular reports and forecasts for the CEO and our Board.
- Develop a growing, talented salesforce through the creation of a sales training program to quickly ramp new folks while maintaining a high level of sales acumen for new products.
- Work closely with our product team to develop a deep understanding of our product, competitive positioning and how it integrates with our clients’ needs
- Help drive alignment between sales and marketing. Work with Head of Marketing to ensure sales strategy is integrated with marketing roadmap, plan and programs.
- 10+ years of sales leadership experience in a fast-paced, high-growth SaaS startup, experience establishing a successful and scalable Enterprise Sales team
- Demonstrates ability to generate and manage $25M+ ARR
- Strong understanding of B2B SaaS or subscription business model
- Strong track record of achieving and exceeding revenue goals
- Possesses a strategic vision and an ability to execute
- Showcases entrepreneurial spirit with strong relationship management and negotiation skills
- Proven track record of recruiting, training, and motivating top-tier sales and account management talent
- Passion for developing and mentoring sales talent
- Natural results-oriented leader with inherent personal drive; ability to navigate ambiguity, operate effectively in a hyper-growth, start-up environment, and motivate a team of high performing individuals.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills with the ability to clearly articulate compelling value propositions of our products.