Lead ETL Developer at Envoy Global
Envoy Global is on a mission to disrupt the global immigration process. Our patented online platform integrates the best of people and technology to streamline, simplify and expedite the immigration process for employers and individuals.
Working alongside our affiliated law firms, we are giving companies the tools they need to hire the best talent from around the world, send talent where it’s needed, and help support foreign workers and immigrants throughout the process. We’re a fast‐growing, award‐winning technology company, a leader in our space, and are backed by some of the country’s leading venture capital and growth equity firms.
This role intersects data engineering and data security to provide data solutions to internal stakeholders and customers. The person in this role will work closely Data Architect, BI & Analytics team and Engineering teams to deliver data assets for Data Security, DW and Analytics.
This position will be based in Chicago, but Envoy Global is currently operating in a remote capacity until at least April 2021.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead, design, build, test and maintain cloud-based data structures such as data marts, data warehouses and data pipelines.
- Lead, design, build, test and maintain cloud-based data pipelines to acquire, profile, cleanse, consolidate, transform, integrate data
- Lead, design and develop ETL processes for the Data Warehouse lifecycle (staging of data, ODS data integration, EDW and data marts) and Data Security (Data archival, Data obfuscation, etc.).
- Build complex SQL queries on large datasets and performance tune as needed
- Design and develop data pipelines and ETL jobs using SSIS
- Maintain ETL packages and supporting data objects for our growing BI infrastructure
- Carry out monitoring, tuning, and database performance analysis
- Facilitate integration of our application with other systems by developing data pipelines
- Prepare key documentation to support the technical design in technical specifications
- Collaborate and work alongside with other technical professionals (BI Report developers, Data Analysts, Architect)
- Mentor and train other ETL staff members in best practices.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement/optimization; design and implement these improvements as directed
- Communicate clearly and effectively with stakeholders
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or a related field (hands-on experience trumps)
- 8+ years of experience as a SSIS ETL developer, Data Engineer or a related role
- Master’s in Management Information Systems or similar
- Strong ETL experience using SSIS or another equivalent tool
- Knowledgeable in Data Modeling and Data warehouse concepts
- Experience working with Azure stack
- Demonstrated ability to write SQL/TSQL queries to retrieve/modify data
- Knowledge and know-how to troubleshoot potential issues, and experience with best practices around database operations
- Ability to work in an Agile environment
- Ability to learn new tools and technologies and adapt to an evolving tech-scape
Perks & Benefits:
- Extremely competitive and robust benefits through BCBS IL including telemedicine and mental health resources, and Principal Dental, Vision coverage
- 401k and company match which vests immediately
- Annual accrual of 18 days of paid time off (PTO), 2 personal days, and 10 paid holidays per year
- 2 paid volunteer days
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- On demand learning and development courses through LinkedIn Learning
- Product and industry training
- Stock options after one year of employment
- Growing social responsibility programs & partnerships
- Opportunity to work for an organization that changes lives every day!
Recent Community Recognition:
- Built in Chicago's 2020 & 2021 Best Places to Work
- Chicago Innovation Award Winner 2019
- ITA Industry Disrupter Winner 2019
Envoy Global is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, on-the-job injury, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability