Benefit Technology Advisor at Paylocity
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners – because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
Reporting to the Benefit Technologies Advisor Team Lead, our Benefit Technologies Advisors are a crucial part of the Paylocity’s sales organization, driving a large portion of our revenue. In this position, you must share our passion for technology and service in order to covey those to prospective clients. The BTA will facilitate closing new business opportunities for FSA, HSA, HRA, and COBRA. As a BTA, you will work closely with Paylocity’s outside sales representatives to follow-up on leads and meet the needs and requests of brokers and employers, respond to their queries in a timely manner, and aspire to deliver an overall positive experience. The ideal BTA is a self-motivated, collaborative, and persuasive individual whose primary responsibility is to uncover challenges prospective clients face while positioning Paylocity’s solutions to fill those needs.
Reports To: Benefits Administration Technologies Lead
The below represents some of the primary responsibilities of the position. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Perform needs analysis with prospective clients in all areas of TPA and related systems
- Conduct product demonstration with messaging techniques to establish the buyer connection and complete the sale
- Increase sales performance by presenting TPA strategies and business solutions
- Respond to district manager prospect specific product-related questions
- Communicate clear and detailed solutions to a prospective client regarding the Paylocity products, processes, and timelines to assure Paylocity is positioned for success post-sale
- Facilitate feedback to different departments regarding prospective client needs, operational needs, business opportunities, product features & functions, and marketing/sales programs.
- Recommend creative selling and product positioning techniques based on market and product knowledge by using strategic use of competitive knowledge
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Maintain strong existing client and broker relationships
- The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in dealing with a field-based, fast-paced sales force.
- Must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails, RFPs, and when submitting reports.
- Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches.
- 3-5+ years of relevant industry experience in a similar role
- Experience and familiarity with Paylocity products is welcomed
As of 4/6/2021 this job excludes CO applicants
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We’ve made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there’s still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives: