Employee Experience and Finance Coordinator
Solstice | Kin + Carta is an innovation and emerging technology firm that helps Fortune 500 companies seize new opportunities through groundbreaking digital solutions. At Solstice | Kin + Carta, we call our HR function Employee Experience (EX). We feel the words “Employee Experience” reflect an employee’s journey through Solstice | Kin + Carta, and all that entails, which is a cornerstone of our culture. Just as our Consulting Services organization seeks to serve our clients and provide an outstanding experience, our Employee Experience team serves our employees and ensures they have the support they need to be successful.
This unique opportunity is ideal for a highly detail-oriented person interested in strengthening their human resources and finance skills in an entry-level hourly role.
The EX side:
- Help assist with inter-company benefits billing process
- 401(k) plan and personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews and terminations
- Analyze human-resource-related metrics including but not limited to retention, attrition, open roles, utilization bonuses, and other calculations/metrics
- Provide support to EX Operations project initiatives as needed
- Keeping track of leave time such as PTO and FMLA
- Streamline processes currently done in Excel
- HRIS support for reporting and data
- Support team in cyclical HR cycles
The Finance side:
- Collect and enter data for various financial spreadsheets
- Provide backup support for payroll and assist in processing semi-monthly payroll, ensuring compliance and accuracy
- Respond timely to inquiries and requests while safeguarding the confidentiality of payroll information
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in EX and Accounting to provide quality seamless customer service on all payroll related issues
- Follow-up effectively with all clients/customers
- Act as liaison/facilitator across Payroll and the EX Department to resolve discrepancies
- Monthly audit of payroll functions including, but not limited to: Roth IRA, 401K processing, benefit deductions, leave of absence, semi-annual bonus process, annual payroll reporting, time & attendance, commission payments, travel bonuses and tuition reimbursements.
- Research & respond to overflow employee inquiries via email.
- Serve as back-up for semi-monthly payroll processing
- Assist with additional payroll duties as needed
Qualifications and Experience:
The EX and Finance Coordinator will be a highly motivated self-starter with a bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years of work experience as a human resource generalist and/or finance assistant. The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following qualities and attributes:
- Culture- and mission-driven – extremely passionate
- A can-do attitude and willingness to go the extra mile in service of our mission
- An unwavering commitment to executing with excellence
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a commitment to representing Solstice | Kin + Carta with enthusiasm, warmth, and professionalism
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, do-it-yourself, start-up environment
- The capacity to multitask and manage multiple projects and assignments, often with competing deadlines
- Thrives working in the details and getting accurate information to the right people
- Familiarity with Paylocity and/or Financial Force (Salesforce platform)
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills and Keynote
We welcome Solsties to show up as their full selves everyday. Because this is so important to us, Solstice | Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.