Head of Channel Partnerships at PerkSpot
Work directly with America's best employers to bring joy to millions of employees!
Chicago + Remote: We have a solid footprint in Chicago, but we also hire exceptionally talented people who reside elsewhere.
We love the friendships we've forged in our Chicago office. But let's be real; things have changed. We don't plan to all return 100% in-office, but our office and gym are open on an optional basis for all employees who feel comfortable, including happy hours and team events. However, because culture and relationships are important to us, all candidates should be open to being in-office with their teams at pre-arranged times throughout the year. The specifics vary by role, so please discuss your plans with the hiring team.
Hi, welcome to PerkSpot. We’re looking for a strategic and knowledgeable Head of Channel Partnerships to join our team and lead the strategy for retaining, growing, and adding new channel partners to our PerkSpot network.
At PerkSpot, we are nothing without the employer partners that work with us. As the Head of Channel Partnerships, you’ll oversee all of our partner relationships. This will include executive-level communication, retention and growth, and long-term strategy. In partnership with the rest of the Sales team, your work will serve to further grow PerkSpots existing and future relationships, propelling us forward into a new chapter of company growth.
PerkSpot is an employee benefits company that works with America’s top employers to offer exclusive discounts, rewards, and recognition to millions of employees. These exclusive perks and savings are a great recruitment and retention tool that allows employees to take advantage of unique opportunities and feel great about the company they work for. We help employees from over 1,000 companies like Spotify, Walgreens, McDonald's, and Lyft save on everything from gym memberships and movie tickets to electronics, new cars, and travel.
Profitable and growing, our company was founded in 2006 by good people with a great vision, and we’re carrying on the work they started. In 2018, our company was proud to announce an additional investment of $50 million dollars from Susquehanna Growth Equity. As we continue to grow, we’re excited about our leadership position in the industry, but we’re also committed to doing more - developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more employees engaged with our platform. Our passion is to make every place a great place to work, starting with our own. We’re a big platform, but a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than you’d have anywhere else and invest in your success and growth more than any other employer.
Meet the Channel Team
This role is great for an entrepreneurial leader who wants to recruit and build their own team. You will be responsible for building a team of sales and support members that will focus on finding new partners, and growing our strong book of established partnerships. Through proactive management of KPIs, performance, and partner expectations, your work will serve to grow and expand PerkSpot’s Channel Partners business, across all industries and verticals in which we operate.
Life as the Head of Channel Partnerships:
- Oversee existing and new relationships with executive-level contacts at our existing Channel Partners (including Mercer, Lockton, Sequoia, and more).
- Work to bring on new Channel Partners through education and relationship building
- Devise an effective and accurate forecasting and reporting model to measure efficacy of the Channel Partner (CP) program
- Measure and report on funnel metrics, performance, and profitability of CP relationships
- Oversee and report on KPIs such as activated member growth, partnerships launched, and Channel Partner NPS levels
- Develop and train Channel Relationship Managers (CRM) on a retention and growth strategies for existing CPs
- Develop and train CRMs on CP segmentation and individual growth strategies
- Supervise and optimize the compensation model for all Channel Relationship Managers
- Manage and mentor a brilliant team of CRMs - conduct one-on-ones, training, performance reviews, etc.
- Work across departments to advocate for the growth of our CP business
- Constantly keep tabs on new developments within the CP landscape
What we’re looking for:
- At least 5-7 years of experience in channel and/or partnership management, preferably within the brokerage space
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
- Demonstrated team mentorship and management experience
- Experience in retention, growth, and forecasting
- Well-versed in contract negotiation, client success, program management, and C-level communication
- Ability to advocate for PerkSpot’s Channel Partners
- Exceptional communication and organization skills; ability to handle many competing projects at once
- Strategic and solution-oriented style of working
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Strong ability to collaborate and work with many different teams
- Collaborative, intuitive, and committed work ethic
- Visible leadership skills
- Desire to thrive within a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment
- Proven understanding of PerkSpot’s values as a whole and a willingness to work hard to achieve overall company goals
Your First Few Months
You’ll begin with learning the PerkSpot product, inside and out - after all, you can’t sell what you don’t know! From there we’ll have you working with internal teams - Marketing, Operations, etc. - to establish key channel collateral and their required communication styles. Then we’ll throw you into the thick of it, and you’ll begin liaising with executive contacts at our most important Channel Partners. After that, you’ll begin managing and mentoring our great team of talented CRMs, and working with them on every aspect of CP strategy, from negotiation to retention. It’s only up from there, as your work will continue to grow and expand the PerkSpot footprint.
The Perks of Working at PerkSpot
We’re a big platform, but still a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere, and invest in you more. You’re going to grow – a lot.
We work out of our office in Chicago’s River North neighborhood. When we are in the office, we dress how we like, encourage flexible hours and an open time-off policy, stock a good beer selection, and we’re pretty obsessive about our coffee. Most of all, we welcome good people with lots of energy and enthusiasm.
PerkSpot offers the full suite of benefits you’d expect from a profitable, established company, including health and dental insurance, a generous parental leave policy, 401(k), pre-tax transit benefits, and fully-funded disability coverage. We have in-office bike storage, a private gym, and a shower on-site.
We hold weekly company get-togethers where we learn from what went wrong and celebrate what went right. Every week at PerkSpot, we aim a little higher and get a little bit better than the previous week.
Because we consider every member of our team to be a fundamental part of our success, we encourage everyone to be invested in our success, regardless of their position. We want every one of our employees to think like an owner: put in the effort to exceed expectations, solve problems before they come up, and always go the extra mile. It’s this drive to succeed that makes PerkSpot such an interactive and fulfilling place to work.
How to Apply
All applications will be kept strictly confidential. Please submit a resume AND cover letter (we know it is old school, but a cover letter is very important to us) telling us how you stack up to the qualifications, plus any other information you feel would be relevant to PerkSpot. Don’t be afraid to show your spark and personality!
All positions require a full background screening.
Offering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture is a priority at PerkSpot. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.