SpotHero is seeking a People Operations Coordinator to be an integral part of our People Team. This person will support the day-to-day people operations that keep our systems running smoothly while delivering an exceptional employee experience to current and future team members.
Who we are:
At SpotHero, we work as a team to empower people to get everywhere, easier! We’re rapidly growing with the mission of bringing the parking industry into the future through technology. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app or website to reserve convenient, affordable parking in advance, on-the-go or through their connected cars, and parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
What you will do:
- Keep our people systems up to date, including our intranet, training systems, human resource information system (ADP), performance management tool (Reflektive), company calendar, and various other employee systems.
- Own the onboarding process, communicating with new hires before their first day, setting them up in our systems, and making sure they have the best experience joining our team.
- Support benefits administration by approving changes, reconciling invoices, and completing reports for our Finance team.
- Be a proponent of SpotHero’s culture by organizing employee events, both in-person and virtual - though we’re based in Chicago, we’re always mindful to find ways to include our remote and regional teams.
- Support internal communications focused on employee celebrations and monthly newsletters.
- Perform ad-hoc HR projects as needed.
Who you are:
- Organized. You have great follow through on tasks and superior organizational skills. You know which questions you need to ask to prioritize your work.
- People-Focused. Creating a world-class employee experience is always top of mind in everything you do.
- Efficient. You have a knack for taking systems and making them more efficient.
- Resourceful. You know how to use your resources when you need to figure something out.
- Collaborative. You thrive in situations where you need to work with multiple people to achieve your goal.
- A Communicator. Whether written or verbal, you effectively get your message across while showcasing your ability to think outside the box.
What you have:
- 0-2 years of experience working in an HR or administrative role.
- Strong interest in developing HR skills.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Excellent benefits – We cover 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance.
- Flexible PTO policy, generous parental leave, and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Fun perks like snacks, catered lunches, happy hours, wellness programs, and SpotHero swag.
- Annual parking stipend (duh – we help people park!).
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A workplace recognized as the Startup of the Year by Built in Chicago, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.
- A workplace recognized as a Best Place to Work by Built In Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, and one of TIMES’s 50 Genius Companies.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is ineligible for visa sponsorship. To be considered for this role, you must be legally authorized to work in the US and not require sponsorship for employment now or in the future.