Program Manager, People at Flexport
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Build the programs to help Flexport growThe opportunity:
We’re looking for a highly capable program manager to join the Chief Impact Officer’s Office and manage high profile change initiatives to design through completion. Flexport’s Impact team is composed of Brand, Creative, Marketing, Communications, People, Enablement, and .Org teams. The role of the Impact team is to make exponentially positive impacts on our business across brand, culture & community.
Our Program Manager will support key programs around the company, identify opportunities and risks, and help us elevate the level of corporate operations of Flexport. This person will drive operational and tactical efforts of key projects important to the company and critical to our future success by organizing, coordinating, and enabling key stakeholders . Examples of such programs include: IPO Readiness, Knowledge Management Overhaul, Operational Effectiveness of Impact Team, HR Systems & Data Architecture, & Hybrid Work Model Development.
This role is ideal for a highly organized individual with excellent communication skills, experience tracking both technical and non-technical projects, a desire to grow as a business leader and the tenacity to drive work forward. This role is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the corporate strategy and help shape and define the roadmap for the coming years.You will:
- Lead key company-wide projects and initiatives from planning to delivery.
- Gather, track, and organize deliverables from multiple, cross-functional teams
- Collect and analyze qualitative and quantitative data to determine programs’ effectiveness.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement by taking feedback and learning to iterate on design.
- Act as a change agent and effectively utilize change management methodologies when deploying solutions and processes.
- Build strong relationships with leaders across Flexport.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience leading complex, global programs and processes
- A passion for project management and organization
- The ability to think critically and strategically
- An interest to take a consultative and data-driven analytical approach to solving complex problems
- Strong time management skills with a sense of urgency - proven ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects
- A knack for collaboration and relationship building, with global stakeholders at all levels
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with strong executive presence; you are skilled in packaging and presenting complex analysis and recommendations clearly
- Strong spreadsheet, slide and narrative building skills
- Certifications in program management and change management tools and methodologies is a plus
- A deep knowledge of Flexport’s core business is a plus
- Self starter attitude - willing to chase work down and love the responsibility of being empowered
- Comfortable operating in an ambiguous environment
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.