Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
Affirm is seeking a Sr. Manager, People Business Partners - Engineering to build and lead a team of PBPs supporting our growing Engineering function. The ideal candidate will be both strategic and scrappy, with the ability to embody and scale our culture as we continue to grow.
What you'll do
- Lead, develop, and build a growing team of PBPs who support the Engineering organization
- Act as an advocate and strategic partner to all employees, managers and leaders across Affirm’s Engineering function
- Understand business strategy and provide consultative support to drive key people priorities (assess, present findings/solutions, test, iterate and measure)
- Collaborate with the broader Affirm People team to execute processes in support of our employee lifecycle including onboarding, compensation review, performance management process, and development planning.
- Coach managers and leaders in giving feedback, navigating challenging and ambiguous situations, and working through complex employee relations issues
- Build high performing Engineering teams through facilitating off-sites, engagement survey action planning, new leader assimilation and team effectiveness exercises
- Drive diversity, inclusion and culture within Engineering by partnering with Affirm’s DEI team to support company-wide DEI initiatives, while engaging leaders in high-impact action plans and tracking progress at the local level
- Solve problems and get to the root cause of any issue, no matter how complex, and design and quickly implement solutions.
- Provide business leaders with data, findings, and recommendations of organizational "health" by assessing trends in performance, span of control, employee engagement, manager feedback, attrition and turnover, etc.
- Deeply understand the specific business and talent needs (i.e. headcount, timeline, level, competencies) of the organization to propose and drive new People initiatives that align with those business needs
- Consult with leaders and teams to enhance their team members’ performance and overall organizational effectiveness
- 12+ years in People related roles with 5+ years experience as a PBP or similar role
- 3+ years as a people manager
- Prior experience partnering with the Tech org is a plus
- Demonstrated experience of coaching leaders through performance management and employee relations issues
- Effective listener and persuasive communicator able to influence actions and outcomes at all levels
- Intellectual curiosity about people and organizational issues with strong business acumen
- Experience establishing relationships as a trusted advisor to executive team members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Strong project management, change management, problem solving and analytical skills
- A do-er mentality with the ability to translate vision into action
- Previous experience working in fast-paced environments and helping organizations scale
Location - Remote U.S.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.