Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Leads and partners with senior business leaders, subject-matter experts, and various internal/external stakeholders to identify and create value-added development solutions that support strategic business objectives, enabling the company to meet current and future goals. Through analysis and research on industry trends, establishes a robust approach to assessing current capabilities and identifying skill gaps using standard, objective diagnostics. Leads the development and deployment of learning strategies to ensure employee growth, as well as continued alignment with the business and strategic priorities of the organization.
- Leads and influences a cross functional team to define the scope of services and requirements necessary to create concrete solutions. Develops a compelling program design and presents findings to key decision makers for securing prioritization and budget. Consults on internal training solutions and sources external training vendors as appropriate.
- Creates and standardizes development expectations for key roles by creating, validating, and calibrating development profiles that define critical capabilities, skills, and proficiency levels needed to meet the challenges of current business plans and environment
- Runs experiments, tests and pilots learning solutions, collects and reports data, and recommends ideal learning and development interventions to develop talent for growth. Measures outcomes of program delivery for impact and scale
- Establishes and manages relationships with business leaders and HR consultants to align talent development with business strategies and organizational needs. Articulates appropriate implementation strategies and change management plans.
- Stays abreast of industry best practices, emerging technologies, product offering and client direction to anticipate and accommodate shifts in the business need and priorities
- Creates training materials using appropriate mediums as defined by audience needs and content.
- Researches and develops content on relevant topics with the purpose of addressing technical training needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Systems Design, Technical Communications, or Digital Media.
- 8+ years’ experience in Technology, Learning, Training and Human Resources or related skills.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.