Talent Acquisition Manager at Vivid Seats
We strongly encourage all interested applicants to apply to our open roles regardless of how many qualifications they meet. Most of our posted positions have a degree of flexibility in the stated requirements.
Who we are: Vivid Seats is the largest independent online ticket marketplace, sending tens of millions of fans to live events. We believe in the power of experiences and are fiercely dedicated to building products that inspire human connections. Named as one of Built In Chicago's top 10 places to work in 2021, we believe that our People are our greatest competitive advantage. To support our People, we have built a company culture that empowers our employees to embrace challenges, encourages unity through collaboration, and seeks to constantly evolve by leveraging data and inspiring innovation.
As a Talent Acquisition Manager at Vivid Seats, you'll lead a high performing team of recruiters that directly impacts the most valuable part of our company's success; finding the best people with the skills and passion to succeed in our fast-paced, digital environment. This position will be responsible for hiring efforts across all Vivid Seats departments and offices.
At Vivid Seats, the talent acquisition team is a true partner to the business, advising hiring teams, influencing best practices, implementing creative staffing solutions, and leveraging data for objective decision making. Leading the team, you'll refine process frameworks, assessment criteria, and our employment value proposition to position Vivid Seats as an employer of choice. You'll develop, coach and retain recruiters and coordinators while leading talent initiatives that attract, engage, assess and ultimately hire top talent for our live events marketplace.
How your role contributes to the success of Vivid Seats:
- Coach and empower a team of recruiters to attract and close top talent in Chicago, Toronto, and global talent markets
- Oversee strategic and tactical talent acquisition elements for all of Vivid Seats departments, spanning multiple office locations
- Partner with stakeholders to refine requirements, think strategically, and assess objectively, influencing best in class talent acquisition practices
- Leverage data and success metrics to identify opportunities for improvement quickly to ensure that recruitment is predictable and accountable
- Launch talent acquisition initiatives such as a multi-pronged employment brand strategy, campus recruitment for technical talent, co-op program, and social recruitment campaigns
- Lead diverse and inclusive recruitment strategies that connect seamlessly to our employee equality, belonging, and engagement programs
- Work closely with HR Business Partners and Department leaders to define long term talent vision for departments within Vivid Seats
- Quickly identify and remove blockers, enabling team members to execute quickly within decisively united teams
- Recruit as needed for strategic roles within the organization
- Exemplify Vivid Seats values internally and externally, proudly sharing our value proposition with the talent landscape
How your role expectations will progress as the Talent Acquisition Manager in the first 30, 60, and 180 days:
30 days in
- Complete new hire orientation, meet your team, and gain the resources you need to be successful.
- Learn how ticket marketplaces operate and how you'll contribute to providing great experiences for our customers.
- Acclimate to team and company norms, business objectives, recruitment process, and Vivid Seats values.
- Meet with major stakeholders and functional leaders, understanding their needs and taking action to bring top talent to their organizations.
90 days in
- Enhance our approaches, methods, or technologies to mitigate risks and improve efficiencies.
- Build, maintain, and leverage internal and external relationships to achieve progress and advance objectives.
- Engage, motivate, and grow direct reports, elevating individual and team performance.
- Advance strategic recruitment programs such as diversity initiatives, campus recruitment, and employment branding, by building project road maps and guiding the team to execution.
180 days in
- Design and implement process improvements that positively impacts the department.
- Mentor stakeholders across the organization, playing an active role in elevating the skill sets of those you work with.
- Research, advocate, and influence strategic talent acquisition initiatives proactively across multiple offices and departments.
- Begin planning 2022 talent acquisition road map and goals with Director of Talent.
What You'll Bring:
- Experience managing a cross functional team of recruiters with strong understanding of how to recruit, track, and measure success criteria across multiple business domains
- Proven ability to coach, motivate, and level up recruiters, coordinators, and stakeholders
- Ability to operate at the strategic level, advocating for, enhancing, and connecting employment brand and employee experience to talent acquisition execution
- Strong understanding of Chicago's technical landscape, including where to source and attract a wide range of professional skill sets
- Experience building scalable and measurable programs such as: talent branding, campus recruitment, social campaigns, apprenticeships, referrals, and interview training
- The ability to understand and create recruiting metrics that tie to team and individual performance
- Experience working with various staffing models with the ability to select and successfully partner with external agencies
- Intrinsic drive to operate and thrive in a fast paced and performance driven environment
- Experience with global staffing and recruitment in multiple major markets a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer that values the critical importance of a diverse workforce and sense of belonging. Many of our roles have flexible requirements and we encourage you to apply regardless of whether you meet every qualification.
Vivid Seats provides competitive compensation; bonus incentives; FLEX PTO; mental health days; medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401K matching; monthly credits and discounts for attending live events; remote work and snack allowances; and a variety of additional workplace perks.