Technical Campus Recruiter at M1 Finance
Who we are
M1 Finance has created a personal wealth-building platform made for the modern era, uniting personal perspective and automated ease. We seamlessly combine free investing, low cost borrowing and digital checking all in one intuitive, automated Finance Super App, and we’re driven by a mission to empower personal financial well-being. We believe that financial well-being is fundamental to overall well-being, and we strive to deliver products that are simpler, smarter, and stronger than those created by our staid, boring, entrenched, slow-moving competitors in the personal finance industry.
Our clients have already trusted us with over $3 billion of assets, we’re currently helping more than 500,000 people grow and manage their wealth with our industry-leading automation and tools, and we’re adding thousands of new clients every day.
We’re looking for passionate people who want to improve and build on what we’ve created and take responsibility to help others build something meaningful and sustainable for their futures.
We mean it when we say, “M1 is yours to build.”
If this sounds interesting to you, we’d love to have you read on.
What we’re looking for
M1 is quickly accelerating into its next stage of growth. As a Technical Campus Recruiter, you will partner with colleges to expand the M1 branding and help to recruit junior technical candidates for the Product and Engineering teams. You will coordinate and attend career fairs as well as take care of internship hiring. As part of your day to day, you will also collaborate with other members of the People Operations team and contribute to the overall People strategy of the company.
What You'll Do
- Administer all on campus recruitment; prepare appropriate strategies for all campus events and interview processes.
- Coordinate and maintain relationships with department heads, alumni and staff and provide interface with all candidates.
- Help build out M1’s internship program, including but not limited to attending career fairs, branding and guiding college students through the interview process
- Build a robust candidate sourcing pipeline through various channels including outreach to passive candidates
- Qualify technical talent and coordinate with Product and Engineering teams to manage the entire interview and hiring process
- Collaborate with team leads and People Operations to forecast hiring needs and develop necessary recruitment strategy
- Analyze recruiting pipeline performance on an ongoing basis and report results to senior leaders
- Research competitive landscape and provide recommendations to improve M1’s attractiveness to top-tier talent
- 1-3 years of experience in full-cycle recruiting focused on technical talent for a top-tier technology firm or high-growth start-up
- Proven ability to establish trust and credibility with technical recruits
- Demonstrated track record of sourcing and converting top-tier candidates
- Experience negotiating and leading the entire offer process
- Attention to detail and flawless follow-through
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s in relevant field
Our team embodies our eight core principles and if these principles speak to you – we’d love to talk with you.
- Mission Driven: We will passionately apply ourselves to deliver immense value to our customers, knowing if they succeed, so too will the company.
- Extreme Ownership: We think and act like owners. Our focus is on building long-term value, not scoring short-term marks. We own everything in our domain, including the outcome and everything that affects it.
- Boldness: We want to do things of consequence. Make a difference. We would rather fail at something meaningful than succeed at something trivial.
- Bias for action: The best way to make progress is to act.
- Economical: Efficiency is important, and we consider both the costs and benefits of our actions.
- Team-oriented: In working together, we maintain a low ego, make everyone feel welcome, assume good intent, trust one another, and seek out different perspectives. We empower our teammates to be at their best.
- Challenged, but not overwhelmed: We are curious people who always want to grow. Growth happens outside our comfort zone. We achieve our potential through consistent, manageable growth.
- Integrity: We do the right thing. When we make mistakes, we own and correct them. We would be proud of our actions are shared with our family, friends, and strangers. Everyone can count on us to act according to our values, beliefs, and principles we state we hold. This trust must never be broken.
- Unlimited PTO
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Stock options for all employees
- Retirement benefit with employer match
- $500 to spend on home office equipment while working from home
- Stylish M1 swag
- Socially distant team outings, celebrations, and events
- Transparent and open communication
- Office in the Loop with a Game Room and Gym